Lead Physical Design Engineer
Hyderabad, India | AMD
Industry:Computer Hardware / Consumer Electronics
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:80 people have viewed this job
The candidate will be responsible for implementing the place and route of design blocks including floorplanning, placement, clock tree building, routing, timing optimizations, DRC, LVS fixing, IR drop analysis, Formal verification, power intent checks etc . The candidate will also be responsible for block level physical design closure in terms of timing, power, DRC/LVS etc.
• At least 8+ years’ experience in complex ASIC Design projects.
• Have in depth knowledge of entire physical design process from floorplan till GDS generation
• Good Exposure to Physical Verification Process
• Have hands-on experience in latest sub-micron technologies below 20nm
• Hands –on experience in leading PnR tools Synopsys ICC/Cadence Encounter etc
• Experience in low power designs and handling congestion or timing critical tiles will be preferred
• Should be a quick learner and have good attention to detail
• Experience in ECO implementation preferred
• Scripting skills in Perl/Python etc
• Must have good communication & problem-solving skills.
• Should be able to handle PnR tasks with minimal supervision
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Electronics Engineering
1. SoC implementation expertise. Multimillion gates integration.
2. Physical Synthesis, Constraints validation.
3. Floorplanning, Power planning.
4. Clock Tree Synthesis (CTS).
5. Scan Synthesis, Scan re-order.
6. Static Timing analysis (STA).
7. Analysis: IR, EM, Noise.
8. Physical Verification.