Lead Product Designer / Senior Product Designer
New York, NY, USA | Chegg
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Design / Graphic Design
Job Description:70 people have viewed this job
Your goal – to improve the education process and better the lives of millions of students -- through UX design. The Chegg Learning Services group is the engine that makes Chegg go. As part of the team working in our midtown office in New York City, you will create experiences for millions of students in the U.S. and beyond.
Our writing tools reach over 30 million students from all over the world! They are composed of four citation generators (EasyBib, Citation Machine, BibMe and Cite This For Me) and a writing product which helps students with aspects of their writing process, including grammar and plagiarism checking.
Sr. Product Designer
As a Senior Product Designer on the team you will be solely responsible for designing the new and updated user experiences, creating concepts, visual mockups and specifications, and representing the designs to the product team.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
Be comfortable owning the design process from start to finish. As a Senior Designer on the writing tools team, you should be comfortable owning the end-to-end user experience of several business-critical projects.
Have a portfolio of attractive, effective, user-centered designs. Our writing tools are all responsive, web applications. You should have a solid understanding of design patterns on the web and possess a strong knowledge of responsive design principles.
Your day to day will include conceptualizing new and updated workflows, generating concepts, creating visual designs, prototyping, and writing specifications.
Be an expert communicator who evangelizes design and embraces feedback: You will be in close contact with other designers, product leads, researchers, and engineers. So, you should embrace being transparent and honest
- Participate in the product definition process with the Product Manager, Engineering partners and User Research. Drive the clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
- Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, usage scenarios, task analysis, specifications, and other UX design deliverables.
- Work with User Research to craft user testing prototypes and protocols in support of ongoing user testing.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Have good understanding of current design patterns and guidelines for both mobile and web and be able to create a coherent cross device experience.
- Ensure that visual design mockups meet the objectives of the user experience, fit with the overall brand and are consistent.
- 5+ years as a User Experience Designer, creating excellent experiences that delight the customer.
- High degree of creativity and problem solving.
- Ability to think and design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience.
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental design principles.
- Strong conceptual, visual and analytical skills.
- Proven leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks) or similar tools to create user interfaces.
- Experience with responsive designs for desktop-to-mobile products.
- Relentless attention to detail and to consistency.
- Ability to collaborate with the larger team.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, or related field.
- Experience designing consumer-facing products.
- Experience in the field of education.
- Experience creating interactive prototypes using HTML/CSS, Figma, Framer, or other prototyping tools.
Already a member? Sign In