Lead Product Manager
Irvine, CA, USA | Cox Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Hey, we’re all looking for someone to help us be our best. At Cox Automotive, we’re on a search for a Lead Product Manager who will help our team stay on track with flexible, agile roadmaps that evolve as our plans do.
At Cox Automotive, our engineers and technologists are literally changing the way people buy, sell and use cars. With operations across five continents and brands like Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book in our family, we have the reach to make this transformation happen in new and exciting ways. From browsing to test driving, purchasing to servicing, we’re taking charge to create the future of automotive. We’ve got some of the most robust data in the industry, so our big data insights can lead to some amazing software creations.
And now, we’re building a future that is autonomous, connected, electric and shared. And you, my friend, could make this a reality. All while working in an environment that puts collaboration and culture at the forefront of everything we do.
So, if you’re looking for the right place to deploy your considerable skills, then read on…we’ve got a lot more to share!
What You’ll Do:
• For starters, you’ll lead a product team focused on evolving the Kelley Blue Book & Autotrader advertising product portfolio while collaborating closely with your counterparts overseeing the consumer experience. Your empathy, vision, intuition, and data driven problem solving will be critical as we look to build richer and more targeted opportunities for our advertisers to connect with consumers both on the Kelley Blue Book & Autotrader websites as well as offsite.
• You’ll work closely with your partners in UX, SEO, engineering, marketing, data science, saleas, and operations to build advertising experiences that allows our advertisers to connect with the right audience, at the right time, and with the rich data and brand strength that Kelley Blue Book, Autotrader, and Cox Automotive bring to the table.
• You’ll be the person who gets an in-depth understanding of issues and opportunities that arise throughout the product development lifecycle. You’ll work closely with your partners across the organization to solve problems and capitalize on opportunities through rapid experimentation, testing, and a fail-fast mentality to product development.
• You’ll team up with our Business Strategy team to define our long-term strategy and the total addressable market for your products. You’ll also partner with the UX team, marketing research, client solutions, and business stakeholders to observe and solicit real-time feedback from consumers and clients.
• You’ll closely follow the market, stay in-tune with consumer shopping trends, work closely with your partners in sales, and engage frequently with clients to inform and influence your roadmap.
Planning & Development:
• You’ll create (and maintain) our product vision, create business plans to support funding, and even develop our go-to-market strategy and value proposition.
• You’ll help others understand market challenges by providing relatable context, and offer clear updates to our customers.
• You have an ability to document and articulate product requirements that are focused on the objective and key results that truly define success. You’re comfortable rolling up your sleeve and digging into heatmaps and dashboards to truly understand and capitalize on your engagement and monetization metrics.
• You’ll build solid and effective relationships with your partners in engineering, UX, analytics, and SEO to build a healthy backlog that will advance your key performance indicators and success metrics.
• You’ll make recommendations to our Agile Release Train, and partner with a variety of groups – from architecture and technology to finance specialists and other business stakeholders – to help us ensure we’re delivering our best work and products.
Sales & Client Engagement:
Our client solutions, product readiness and marketing teams will get to know you well, as you join forces to ensure the products we build exceed the needs of our consumers and clients.
You’ll create and deliver thoughtful information to influence many of our key market constituents and make recommendations for products that are on their way to launch.
• You’ll manage the full lifecycle of products, championing multiple products and services, and coordinating tests and product launches. You’ll also help determine the requirements approach for the projects you’re spearheading, establish baselines, and review the requirements to ensure they’re accurate.
• You’ll gauge our product performance and help us improve our performance.
• You’ll manage our innovation pipeline and take our innovation tools and processes from inception to execution.
• You’ll also keep an open flow of creative ideas going, and make sure our innovation networks and communities are firing on all cylinders.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
• We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted Cox services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
• Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. And while we may be innovation obsessed, we never forget that we are human powered. So, it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
• We know you’re always looking for growth and the opportunity to learn new things. At Cox Automotive, you’ll have all kinds of opportunities to expand your expertise and grow your skills in ways that will challenge and empower you. And in the future, you may have the opportunity to drive innovation in other sectors where the Cox family of brands operates like cleantech, health care and esports.
• You’ll also get to work with a wide range of products and technologies across the Cox Automotive ecosystem, allowing you to have a hands-on experience in transforming an industry. We don’t believe in limitations, only possibilities. Our technological capabilities combined with your wisdom and wizardry will allow us to grow the good and drive incredible innovation.
• You’ll work alongside fantastic people who want to see you succeed. We know none of us is as smart as all of us. We strive to bring out the best in everyone, and our dedication to culture means that you’ll be empowered by – and will, in turn, empower – some of the finest colleagues in any industry.
• You’ll quite literally have an opportunity to make the world a better place. That may sound like hyperbole, but it’s true. Across the Cox family of businesses, we’ve launched a movement to positively impact 34 million lives by 2034 in areas like technology access and education, social equity, and environmental sustainability through a wide range of company programs, partnerships and employee volunteer opportunities.
WHO YOU ARE: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• You’re someone who can harness a wide variety of inputs and is phenomenal at planning, visualizing and collaborating. A lifetime learner, you channel your wisdom into others, taking opportunities to mentor whenever you can.
• You’ve got at least 7 years of experience (or a combo of work-related experience and education).
• Your Bachelor’s Degree is likely in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or Communications,
• You understand business, the lifespan and performance qualities of products, industry principles, practices and procedures
• You have working knowledge for SAFe Agile Methodology.
• You’ve got working experience in product plans, lifecycle methods to research, analysis, epics, features, KPIs and other analytics.
• A Master’s Degree is preferable for this role.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation.We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO).
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Already a member? Sign In