Lead Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA | Cox Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
The Software Engineer Lead is responsible for hands on development as well as overseeing the design & development of a large and complex suite web applications used within the automotive industry to support Customer specific implementations. This self-starter will be responsible for driving the team on and off-shore to bring the websites and apps to life. They will take the vision from business stakeholders and product partners and execute using a variety of APIs & UX technology stacks.
This is an opportunity to join an exceptional team and work in an environment on projects that will be used by partners and employees for some of the largest automobile manufacturers around the world.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Atlanta office.
• Deliver a wide range of responsive, accessible and performant web applications and APIs for the automotive industry
• Lead and manage onshore and contract development staff and project goals/objectives
• Leads the delivery teams through changes that support the overall organizational business and performance goals
• Work with colleagues and technical resources to define technical solutions that meet business requirements using agreed tools and technologies
• Develop solutions in-line with in-house standards and practices
• Carry out architectural/code reviews throughout the development process
• Contribute to the on-going development of best practices, identification of suitable new tools and system and service improvements
• Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
• High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
• Must be an effective communicator
• Collaborate with Product teams to design and develop quality products that are:brand right, user-focused, easy to use, accountable to business objectives, and delivered on time
• Should encourage and support automation tests to ensure product quality and maintain site performance in line with expectations.
• Must be able to quickly turn a high-level design concepts and prototypes in support of an agile development workshop.
• Supports the unity and growth of the team by providing creative ideas and constructive feedback to other team members.
• Articulate rationale behind product decisions and support effective prioritization of features.
• Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
• 10 + years of successful software development experience and delivering highly engaging user experience
• Four-year degree (or comparable work experience) in computer science or related field.
• 3-5 years of technical supervisory/management experience
• 5+ years of experience working with technical teams using programming languages such as .Net, C#, Java or similar)
• Proven track record working on high volume, high profile websites
• Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility, responsive design, organized code structure, and highly interactive user experiences
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
• Experience of full stack development with a focus on C#, .Net, React, Java
• Exposure to relational and non-relational data storage strategies for transactional consistency and search effectiveness
• Experience working with technical teams using web focused delivery using REST, Angular/React or other suitable frameworks
• Strong understanding of internet, systems, web technologies and web service architectures
• In-depth knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle
• A good understanding of release and configuration management, testing and bug tracking
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO).
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Already a member? Sign In