Lead Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA | Cox Communications
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
The Cox Automotive Mobility group focuses on defining the future for transportation fleets and fleet management. We are looking for a lead software engineer with a focus on Android development to join the team. This team focuses on empowering our partners to better manage their customers and giving these customers access to these fleets available via different product offerings including vehicle subscription and rental.
You will be a lead contributor to our Android mobile applications as well as a mentor to junior and mid-level developers and an advocate for platform best practices. You will be expected to partner with other technology leaders and product management team and responsible for several mobile apps delivered to our end customers.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Atlanta office.
PRIMARY DUTIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITES
• Design, develop, and maintain Android applications using best practices as defined by Google Play guidelines
• Develop and deliver platform and application enhancements which meet or exceed customer needs
• Plan and deliver core technology upgrades for our digital platforms
• Diagnose, design, and implement solutions to key technology or application problems
• Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
• Bring creative solutions to the table
• Be an active participant in an Agile Scrum team which uses ceremonies such as daily standup, sprint planning, and retrospectives to conduct development
• Coordinate with product management to estimate, refine, and plan the product roadmap for upcoming features and functionality
• Collaborate with cross functional teams such as architecture, backend integration, visual design, UX teams, QA, etc.
• Keep up-to-date status of items in our issue tracking software
• Responsible for all phases of SDLC in designing and developing Mobile apps.
• Mentor mid level and junior team members in debugging, testing strategies, design and achieving on-time delivery
• Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
• Track record of designing, implementing, and manage apps in Google Play Store
• 6+ years on Kotlin, Java, and bash scripting development
• 6+ years of hands-on experience in architecting, design and developing Mobile apps in a Lean/Agile environment with deep understanding of UX and UI design paradigms.
• Develops mobile applications using native SDKs
• Hands on experience in building mobile apps and integrating with backend apis.
• Experience with Mobile based Test automation.
• Experience managing agile technical teams while working in a service-oriented continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) environment
• Experience in manual code signing and deploying apps through Google Play Store
• Use of distributed version control software such as Git
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
• Experience with KTS (Kotlin Scripts), GPP (Gradle Play Publisher), Kotlin Multiplatform
• Experience with Jetpack libraries
Education, experience and Qualifications
• Degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline
• 6+ years; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO).
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Already a member? Sign In