Lean Leader- EHS
Atlanta, GA, USA | General Electric
Industry:Energy / Renewable Energy / Oil & Gas
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
As EHS Lean Leader (M/F) you will play a key part in high profile business improvement projects which are at the center of our Hoshin Kanri
breakthrough priorities. You will work with the business operational leadership team and EHS function to identify and lead cross-functional projects to drive standardization, stability, and simplification. Responsible for activities and processes that assist the Environmental Health
and Safety organization achieve business objectives. High levels of evaluative judgment and operational acumen are required to achieve outcomes.
- Shape the EHS Lean vision, in accordance with the business lean strategy, and translate the vision into goals, objectives and strategies resulting in cross-functional cultural change which delivers consistent, year-over-year results across all facets of safety.
- Revisit all EHS processes with the lens of Lean, generating process efficiencies with impact on all aspects Safety culture, activities, and incidents.
- Partner with leadership to optimize monthly operating rhythm (MOR), with clear outcomes that deliver positive improvement in EHS performance as measured by our TTIs and KPIs.
- Lead deployment of the full Lean toolbox. VSM, PSR, MOR, Standard Work, Kaizen events driving process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with senior leaders to assess current baselines and determine the framework processes to be improved using the Lean methodologies
- Support simplification of the complex processes and manage cross-functional relationships to support business impact
- Provide key output data, metrics and presentations for reporting, operations reviews and business communications
- Share best practices and drive read-across (plan, do, check, act), acting as a conduit to accelerate cross business progress
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge / significant experience in Environmental Health and Safety, Quality, or Operations with proven track record of results using Lean methodologies
- Demonstrated influencing and lean problem-solving abilities; High Say-do ratio
- Ability to listen, learn, act and scale
- Proven change driver with focus on executing efficiently in a complex, diverse and dynamic cross-functional global team
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects including the ability to collaborate, plan, and executive programs
- Project management skills
- Experience working in a global environment
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Inclusion & Diversity
We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.
About GE Gas Power
GE Gas Power engineers cleaner, more accessible energy that people depend on, powering growth and prosperity for people everywhere. Our leading technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity thanks to our talented people, who make gas work for our customers, stakeholders and the world. Through relentless innovation and continuous partnership with our customers, we are building the energy technologies of the future and providing the cleaner, more efficient power people depend on today.
Already a member? Sign In