Line of Business Chief Engineer
Littleton, CO, USA | Lockheed Martin
Job Description:92 people have viewed this job
Responsible for consistency & quality of engineering process within Military Space & Line of Business (LOB) liaison to Functional Engineering & Technology (E&T). Support program execution, resolution of technical problems & new business positioning across Military Space LOB. Engage programs and capture teams to achieve efficient, effective, and innovative Engineering solutions, including strategic product evolution achieving common designs & products to enable affordable solutions. Act as an advocate for engagement with the Functional Engineering organization matching resources to needs and staffing critical positions for the LOB. Lead performance management review process for E&T employees deployed into the LOB. Identify and develop top talent across the LOB, preparing and positioning top talent for increasing levels of responsibility as future leaders or technical authorities of Military Space and LM Space. Attract, develop and retain diverse Engineering workforce, while fostering an inclusive environment.
* Assures horizontal technical integration across the Military Space LOB and within LM Space, resulting in an improved risk posture that includes technical, schedule and cost performance evaluations during program execution.
* Supports resolution of technical problems through independent review and oversight, and engages in architecture definition, technology development and insertion, and technical trades while emphasizing commonality, best practices and value.
* Establishes and maintains a strong working relationship with LM Space Functional Engineering and the LM Space Chief Engineer organization.
* Ensures engagement of engineering resources to resolve anomalies and technical issues and ensures that program lessons learned are captured and fed back into the Space Corrective Action Board (CAB) process.
* Participates in make/buy decisions, product sourcing decisions, and supplier capability assessments.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the many benefits you available to you as one of our teammates:
* BS in Engineering or related a related discipline +15 years technical experience.
* SCI Clearance is a requirement for this position. Selected candidate will be subject to certain citizenship eligibility.
* Experience in both E&T functional organization and LOB.
Track record of delivering to technical, schedule, and financial commitments, and driving best customer and enterprise value.
* Experience leading large technical teams, driving staffing, and personnel development and performance evaluation.
* Breadth of technical skill knowledge (multiple functions) and program experience variety (red/yellow, emerging business, commercial, fixed price, IRAD, development, production, etc).
* Exceptional communication skills, with proven ability to represent LM Space and LMC to customers, employees and stakeholders.
* Integration of multi-discipline technical teams, with ability to identify and mitigate mission and implementation risk. Strength in Systems Engineering life-cycle processes and complex system(s) launch certification.
* Demonstrated strategic acumen with the proven ability to operationalize strategy in a large, complex organization responding to customer trends, requirements and technology development/insertion.
* Ability to convert LM Space strategic vision to actionable engagement for program Engineering teams and Military Space Engineering Leadership.
* Ability to drive innovation through the design and delivery of affordable missions, enabling capabilities aligned to customer operations, requirements, needs and market development.
* Ability to implement and lead technical knowledge management to develop and maintain core competencies, key technical skills intended to grow, retain and nurture talent.
* Demonstrated full spectrum leadership and next generation leadership characteristics: Exhibit decision making courage; demonstrate situational awareness at all times. Value and practice effective relationship and network building. Demonstrate inclusive behavior and actively cultivate workforce and thought diversity.
* Systems Engineering experience highly desirable, but not required.
* Experience or familiarity with the Military Space LOB and customers.
Already a member? Sign In