Loan Underwriter and Financial Analyst
New York, NY, USA | Greystone & Co.
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Greystone Monticello, LLC and its affiliates (“Greystone Monticello”) is a leading real estate lender and asset manager providing comprehensive capital solutions for healthcare, multifamily, and commercial real estate assets throughout the US. Greystone Monticello is seeking leaders and team players, candidates who can work in a collaborative environment and possess drive, integrity, creativity, compassion, and a strong work ethic.
We are looking for a Loan Underwriter and Financial Analyst for our New York City or Dallas offices. The primary responsibilities and qualifications include:
- Loan underwriting for skilled nursing, seniors housing and related health care asset classes
- Prescreening of potential transactions, and review of personal financial statements. Model metrics include loan sizing, loan structuring, calculating projected income, DSCR, global cash flow, and loan to value ratios
- Assist in the preparation of term sheets and letters of intent to prospective borrowers
- Develop financial models for the evaluation of bridge loan opportunities, reviewing potential transactions for the proper balance of feasibility and risk
- Perform due diligence and the assist in the review of collateral, draft credit memo, loan documents, and other legal documents for working capital loans
- Conduct background checking and KYC review (Know Your Customer) on all parties to the transaction including but not limited to the Sponsor, Operator, Management, Builders, Guarantors, etc.
- Oversee the financial and operational due diligence process for loan transactions including ordering and evaluating appraisals, market studies, project capital need assessments, environment studies, analysis of corporate and personal financial statements, third party credit reports for the project and its Principals, insurance policies and endorsements and any other document(s) needed as part of the underwriting process
- Interface and resolve open issues with clients, outside attorneys, and other stakeholders involved in a particular transaction to obtain required documentation as part of the loan underwriting, review and closing process
- Calculate and interpret investment returns (i.e.- IRR, NPV, ROI, ROE)
- Analyze borrower provided operating and capital expense budgets to ensure that all operational information is captured in the financial model and reporting packages
- Review and analyze historical and projected financial data and operational assumptions for feasibility and stress test scenarios. Heavy pro-forma analysis and budgetary financial review
- Assist with drafting of investment memoranda and presentations to various investment committees for approval, including investors, Greystone Monticello’s credit committee, and banking syndicate partners
- Create financial and marketing presentations for general marketing purposes and distribute private placement offering materials to prospective financial investors and/or loan participants
- Facilitate closing of loans including coordinating with title companies, banks, borrowers and investors
- Compile and analyze market trends within healthcare, seniors-housing, and
- Other ad hoc projects related to improving process efficiency, developing technology platforms, reporting tools, and internal analysis capability
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong finance, credit, legal real estate and/or business background
- Established organizational skills and ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects
- 1-4 years’ related work experience as a Real Estate Financial Analyst or Loan Underwriter
- Familiarity with financing healthcare, and senior housing, preferred
- HUD “MAP” and/or “Lean” underwriter approval helpful
- Extensive computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills, advanced financial analytical proficiency, and solid interpersonal skills
- A desire to learn and grow within the Real Estate Finance industry complimented by an inquisitive and proactive personality
At Greystone Monticello, we believe that finding creative solutions for our clients comes from the collaboration of people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to build an inclusive work environment that celebrates differences and empowers all individuals with opportunities to channel their entrepreneurial spirit. In furtherance of this philosophy, we are an EEO employer.
Already a member? Sign In