Logistics – Solution Architect
Spring, TX, USA | HP Enterprise
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:100 people have viewed this job
HP is looking for a Solutions Architect primarily responsible for providing E2E solution design in the logistics space covering distribution, transportation, warehousing and trade compliance functions. This role will also be responsible to provide overall governance to solution standardization at a global level. This person will closely work with the functional partners, other appropriate IT functions and business team members to fulfill the following responsibilities.
- E2E Solution design in the logistics / Order to Deliver space including distribution, warehousing, transportation, and trade compliance functions.
- Provide overall solution Governance to ensure global standardization (of business processed and solutions) for new projects, improvements, and break fixes.
- Be an advocate/gate keeper of standard solutions and strong believer of “no customization approach”.
- Technology and architecture innovation: Keeping up to date on the latest developments in the logistics systems area including systems like Manhattan WMOS, SAP WM, SAP EWM, SAP TM , Trade compliance systems like SAP GTS, and other state of the art technologies including IOT, AI, Block Chain, Robotics etc.
- Configure and build the solutions in the logistics tools/systems like Manhattan WMS, SAP TM & SAP WM etc.,
- Keep systems roadmap and capability maps (for the logistics systems mentioned above) up to date with the latest trends and business needs
- Develop a strong relationship with the system vendors (Like Manhattan, SAP,etc.) on an ongoing basis to ensure we are up to date (in terms of functionality and architecture) on their roadmaps and future releases.
- Be the “Go to person” for any types of E2E logistics solution, functionality, and process issues/challenges etc.,
Education and Experience Required:
- Required Bachelor’s degree of Science in Information Systems, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain related disciplines
- In-depth experience around mapping business requirements and to systems capabilities, identifying gaps and building systems and solutions roadmaps.
- Experience with the process simplification tools like Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Value stream Mapping, Value Stream simplification is highly desirable
- Understanding of the high-level end to end logistics business processes and how these are embedded within the technology.
- Knows the systems integration points within different systems in the landscape supporting warehouse and transportation functionalities.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in designing and configuring systems like SAP WM, SAP EWM, Manhattan WMS, SAP TM, TMS, etc.
- Successfully delivered at least 2-3 large size IT systems implementations as a solutions architect in Distribution and Logistics
- Deep Understanding of the functionality and system capabilities of Logistics/TMS systems like Manhattan, EWM, GTS, AX4 and SAP etc.
- Experience of designing interfaces between SAP ERP, Manhattan WMS, TMS and other systems.
- Knowledge of different architectural components and technologies behind.
- Knowledge of different interface technologies and middleware
- Good presentation and English communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple global cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex problems in a non-technical simplified manner and in business terms
- Strong analytical skills and Clear thinking
- Well organized with the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills, strong ability to influence others at all levels
- Strong leadership, consulting, and negotiating skills
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure elements is required
- APICS certifications (CPIM, CSCP) is highly desirable
- SAP S/4, EWM or TM certification highly desirable
- Consumer Products Industry experience a plus
- Ability to travel 30% domestically and internationally
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Already a member? Sign In