Machine Learning Software Engineer
Vancouver, WA, USA | HP Enterprise
Job Description:100 people have viewed this job
In the Center of Excellence Pricing and Analytics organization our mission is to deliver impact by building machine learning products to optimize pricing and marketing investments and provide guidance to HP's commercial sales organizations. Our team consists of a diverse global team of economists, statisticians, data scientists, data engineers, software engineers, DevOps, and MLOps engineers, who are pushing the innovation frontier to bring new insights to our business.
Working with us you will combine your Data Science ML modelling skills with Software Development best practices to deliver ML models to a production environment at scale.
- Curiosity, explore new topics
- Rigorous, synthetic, methodical
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity
- A balanced profile between computer science and applied mathematics
- Structure projects that translate a proof of concept (PoC) into a deployable product. e.g., take an R script and rework the code to clean it and optimize it
- Benchmark, test and validate your code
- Create high-quality code and reproducible experiments
- Interface between Data Scientists and production teams/tools
- Be proactive to enhance current processes
- Document & Help other teams/apply best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software development, design and fundamentals
- Very good knowledge of Python and Software Engineering principles
- Knowledge of Machine Learning models
- Knowledge of Numerical Analysis, Optimization, Algorithmic, … (Applied Mathematics)
- Good knowledge of R
- Demonstrated working knowledge of GitHub workflows
- Ability to work on Agile Scrum teams
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently under a fast-paced environment and deliver results under pressure
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Already a member? Sign In