Mainframe System Software Analyst I, II, or Sr.
Columbus, GA, USA | TSYS
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:86 people have viewed this job
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services.Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results.We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions.Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Global Payments is the parent company for TSYS, Netspend, Heartland, TouchNet, OpenEdge, Xenial, Greater Giving, ACTIVE Network, and AdvancedMD.Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.
Summary of This Role
Thorough Mainframe knowledge, software installation, issue detection and resolution skills. Product specific knowledge: Syncsort, BMC, IBM, Broadcom/CA, 21st Century, ASPG, Compuware, HDS, Infogix, Innovation Data Processing, Mantissa, Rocket Software, Tonesoft, SQData and zOS sys prog knowledge. REXX, assembler skills desired. z/OS and z/VM sys prog knowledge to include maintenance and issue resolution and zLinux provisioning.
Researches assigned aspects of Mainframe operating system (OS), firmware, and Independent Software Vendor's (ISV) product upgrade packages for applicability and impact to systems and Mainframe environments including serving as expert on assigned native programs and ISV software. Provides overall findings with supporting details to Lead for review. Researches assigned, accepted products in depth to build knowledge and become resident expert (or backup) of the product. Recommends configuration settings to Lead System Administrator. Performs larger upgrades and new product installs, under limited review, to various environments under limited review by higher level System Administrator. Understands the relationship of product roll-out including impact on other teams and proposes roll-out schedules accordingly. Displays a thorough knowledge of systems for assigned areas of expertise. Resolves and leads others in resolving daily and on-call issues. Documents moderate to complex projects. Peer reviews work of others as directed.
Conducts necessary modification and changes to communication channels as directed by a higher level System Administrator to include adjustments to assigned ISV program configurations, as needed. Utilizes management panels to make changes and ensure message/transaction and data migration processes are successful and timely. May support higher level System Administrator in strategy and rule definitions.
Installs, configures, and monitors various z/OS systems for performance and tuning issues. Monitors subsystem performance issues by performing daily health checks. Recommends to appropriate team possible issues based on performance data. Adjusts configuration settings as necessary to improve performance and response time. Supports higher level System Administrators on new client blueprints by pulling facts and making recommendations. May develop plans and implement within a development environment.
Assists in the development of disaster recovery procedures including execution of procedure during testing and training. Provides higher level system administrators feedback on procedures to improve clarity, readability, and accuracy. Identifies intricacies in procedures that could impact recovery efforts. Works with clients on resolving issues during a live disaster recovery ensuring they have access and configuration changes required to connect to the backup site.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Major in Computer Science preferred, other majors considered. Willing to accept additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in system administration within a highly available enterprise environment or related experience.
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- TSYS experience is strongly preferred.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Supervision - Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Operating Systems Knowledge (Mainframe Skills) - z/VM , TSO/ISPF, ISMF, JCL, Catalogs, Utilities
- General Business Knowledge - A basic level of understanding of the payments industry and the role TSYS performs for our clients. General knowledge of the enterprise infrastructure systems and how they work together to provide payment services.
Already a member? Sign In