Kettering, OH, USA | Tenneco
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
We are seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join our team in our Kettering, OH Facility.The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for improvements to production equipment and maintenance systems to increase reliability of the overall manufacturing processes.Work is of a technical nature and may involve engineering skills, as well as, data interpretation to identify opportunities for improvement.Provides technical support to engineering, production, and a group of multi-function skilled trade employees (mechanical and electrical) in an area of work which, involves the repair, maintenance and improvement of manufacturing process equipment.
- Provides pre-task planning, technical expertise, guidance and leadership for multi-craft, maintenance technicians (Electricians and Mechanics) to troubleshoot & repair equipment.
- Adheres to and reinforces safe working practices.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses difficult, infrequent problems with process equipment.
- Performs equipment failure root cause analysis.
- Performs predictive assessments and problem diagnosis of process equipment.
- Ensures a common approach to solving machinery and / or process problems, through the development of Best practices.
- Provides technical training to production and maintenance team members to improve skill levels within the teams.
- Understands and supports electrical machine control systems, including robots and vision system.
- Troubleshoots Electrical / Pneumatics / Hydraulic / Mechanical issues.
- Follows-up with vendors and contractors on maintenance issues.
- Works with Throughput Improvement Teams for engineering solutions.
- Implements and supports continuous improvement projects.
- Flexible work schedule as required to support production needs.
- Weekend work and overtime as required to support production and maintenance requirements.
- Creates standardized work for maintenance tasks.
- Reviews and improves maintenance procedures, PM tasks, and opportunistic maintenance activities.
- Identifies and prioritizes spare parts needs.
- Maintains equipment documentation and drawing library.
- Procures emergency repair and project related machine parts.
- Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Effectively utilizes computerized maintenance management systems (SAP PM).
- Uses predictive technologies to drive uptime and improve the maintenance system and tracks improvement in MTTR, and MTBF and OEE.
- Drives institutionalization of maintenance systems using the Tenneco Business System (TBS).
- Maintains open lines of communication with plant leadership regarding status of equipment downtime, repair, and project related activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with PFMEA & Control plans.
- Ability to read and interpret machine and part prints (GD&T).
- Knowledge of operation, programming, and maintenance of industrial manufacturing control systems.
- MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Project, Access). Working knowledge and understanding of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Project, Access).
- Familiar with CAD programs.
- Working knowledge of heavy industrial or manufacturing plant processes.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Education / Experience:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent training / experience.
- 3+ years of experience in maintenance management / supervision or process engineering.
- Working knowledge of CMMS Systems – SAP preferred.
- Relevant training / certifications / licenses.
Already a member? Sign In