Skokie, IL, USA | Tenneco
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:75 people have viewed this job
Federal-Mogul has recently been acquired by Tenneco. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®.The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join our Skokie, IL Facility. The Maintenance Manager is directly responsible for all buildings, grounds, and equipment maintenance; and various activities in support of new equipment, facilities, and production improvement initiatives for the Skokie facility.This position has direct oversight of a staff of journeyman mechanics, electricians, engineers, and their direct supervision and will be responsible to drive implementation and continuous improvement.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our hiring manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Provide strategic and operational direction and decision making to the Maintenance staff in support of company goals and objectives. Work closely with the maintenance team to develop business plans and activities that support these goals.
- Ensure maintenance resources are properly staffed & managed across a three-shift operation to meet manufacturing & distribution center expectations for equipment and support services.
- Ensure maximum uptime of all equipment through the extensive use of preventive maintenance. Utilize up-time as the key metric to determine success of the team.
- Establish a working relationship with other staff and departmental managers to be sure activities across the Maintenance team support their needs as customers. These can be scrap reduction, new equipment/upgrades, quality or process improvements, safety or environmental enhancements, building/facility changes, new product/process needs, and equipment or facility maintenance issues.Assist staffs in setting priorities and making decisions as needed.
- Ensure goals and performance measures are established for each Value Stream in support of company goals & objectives and customer needs. Regularly review metrics and provide feedback to staff.Implement corrective action initiatives to improve performance where and when needed.
- Develop annual operating and capital budget needs for the maintenance of equipment, buildings, and grounds. Oversee expenditures and continuously track and adjust spending to ensure performance to budget plan.
- Support overall facility planning activities in regards to new equipment installations, building changes, and factory rearrangement in support of business needs.
- Participate in setting strategic direction, policies, and assist in overall decision-making, in regards to operation of the entire facility as a contributing member of the Plant Manager’s direct staff.
- Ensure procedures and practices comply with defined TS16949 and ISO14001 procedures and work instructions. Provide training in these requirements to staff as needed.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in manufacturing and facilities acquired through general knowledge of manufacturing, packaging, distribution processes and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience implementing a world class preventive maintenance process in a large facility.
- Basic ability to read and interpret product and/or tooling blueprints, building and equipment diagrams. Possess a basic understanding of geometric tolerance standards and statistical control.
- Experience in facilitating new equipment installation and plant floor reconfiguration projects.
- Knowledge of the principles of Lean Manufacturing and 5S.
Already a member? Sign In