Management Consultant - Senior Associate/Engagement Manager
Boston, MA, USA | Acquis Consulting Group
Functions:Consulting - Strategy
Job Description:99 people have viewed this job
Acquis Consulting Group is a consulting firm specializing in strategy and implementation. We partner with clients to enable growth that is both measurable and meaningful. We help our partners create new ways to think about their business, but we don’t stop there. We see projects through and help implement business ideas, turning them into lasting business value.
Acquis serves both domestic and international organizations from our headquarters in New York City and satellite offices in California, Massachusetts and New Jersey. Acquis supports industry leading enterprises through high profile projects that span strategy and execution.
We sustain our culture through careful analysis of new and experienced hires and go to great lengths to hire individuals that will add to the experience of working at Acquis.Our core values at Acquis are People First, Advance Together and Think +Do.
People First: One of our greatest priorities is to attract, develop, and retain top talent. Accordingly, we have created a “second family” environment where each individual has an opportunity and obligation to contribute to our shared success. We measure this success not only through our delivery excellence but through the satisfaction of the people that work here.We believe that we have created a unique environment that balances autonomy with responsibility, offering the ability to learn by doing while providing a careful balance of oversight.Acquis is a learning organization that is built on the premise that our employees can add value from day one.
Advance Together: Acquis brings insight, passion, and intelligence to the lasting relationships we establish with leading enterprises. We measure ourselves through our clients’ success utilizing the agility, creativity, and focus of a smaller firm.
Think+Do: Acquis provides our clients with strategic insights and also helps deliver them.Acquis consultants can advise our clients on their critical business issues, develop creative ways to address their challenges, and help implement these solutions.
Acquis Consulting Group is seeking intelligent and skilled consultants to act as Senior Associates and Engagement Managers. Candidates must have 5+ years’ experience as management consultants, including experience in a project manager capacity.
Preferred focus areas include procurement, supply chain, strategic sourcing, systems implementation, process redesign, business intelligence or other areas that drive operational effectiveness and efficiency.Other required experience includes client interaction, project planning, and project management.Comfort with and at least conceptual understanding of technology, such as databases and statistical analysis tools, is also preferred.
As a growth organization Acquis requires its Engagement Managers to be self-starters who will contribute to and lead internal company development initiatives.Engagement Managers will also at times be asked to contribute to business development and sales activities.
Candidates must be self-starters with proven positions of leadership. Mental agility and the ability to learn are paramount. The ability to take on new challenges and succeed beyond one’s comfort zone is required.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Acts as an incisive, effective creative thinker bringing business and consulting experience to client engagements and applies expert skills in communication, research, problem-solving, and analysis to client work.
- Takes on significant responsibilities, working closely with clients and making a major contribution to every engagement, including leading smaller engagements.
- Leverages business context to analyze and improve complex business models.
- Explains and reviews analysis/findings with team members and client personnel.
- Assesses presenting problem with appropriate project scope and decomposes problem to identify root causes.
- Manages client expectations and project scope actively with an approach designed to engender project success and extend goodwill.
- Identifies implications of proposed solutions on people, processes, technology, strategy and structure.
- Leads Acquis and external resources on both small and large-scale client engagements.
- Manages in a hands-on capacity utilizing detailed knowledge of the engagement situation while also maintaining focus on the larger context and overall project view.
- Builds an effective business case for proposed solutions.
- Converts existing Acquis engagements, client relationships, and goodwill into additional potential opportunities.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, results-oriented, small business environment.
- BS or BA (Business, Finance, Engineering, Computer Sciences preferred)
- MBA is not required; only MBAs with prior consulting experience are considered
Skill Set and Experience
Preferred consulting backgrounds include but are not limited to:
- Capability Development
- Cost Management and Reduction
- New Product and Service Development
- Post-Merger Integration
- Shared Services
- Travel, Expense and Meetings
Preferred skill sets include but are not limited to:
- Analytics and Reporting
- Change Management
- Operational Strategy
- Process Engineering
- Program and Project Management
- Systems Implementation
- Well-rounded – You have a wide range of skills, interests, and an exceptional work ethic.
- Positive – No job is too big or too small for you. You take your work seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Adaptive – You enjoy being outside of your comfort zone.You tackle ambiguity, change, and new challenges with enthusiasm.
- Quick-learning –You have the mental agility to self-start and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical – You have a passion for data-driven problem solving.
- Results-oriented – You do what it takes to get the job done right and have the fortitude to see it through.
- Customer-focused – You are passionate about the success of your client.
- Collaborative – You’re the consummate team player, and everyone wants to be on your team.
Already a member? Sign In