Management Director, VP
New York City, NY, USA | FCB Global
Job Description:77 people have viewed this job
The VP, Management Director (VP-MD) is responsible for the overall management of assigned account or line of business. The VP-MD represents the Agency’s senior management on a day-to-day basis with the Client and within the Agency. The VP-MD’s role includes overseeing the development of business/marketing strategy, process/communications management and people/relationship building.
Identify opportunities to grow existing business and actively participate in new business pitches. Oversee the development of business/marketing strategy for client(s).
Account Management Strategy
Consistently make decisions by focusing on what’s right for the agency; demonstrates maturity, ethics, integrity and fiscal responsibility
Provide strong focus on managing labor. Manage development needs of team members to maximize learning and productivity while minimizing turnover.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• On average, oversees client business with revenue(s) up to $7MM.
• Lead the team (or multiple teams) on strategic/business development and tactical implementation.
• Develop and maintain strong client relations with all levels of client management as appropriate with focus on day-to-day managers
• Identify and resolves client conflicts quickly and efficiently.
• Proactively challenges and addresses client needs for long-term, future (i.e., beyond current/next sales period).
• Identify and cultivate new business opportunities for agency.
• Possess an intimate knowledge of the category markets to which their brands belong.
• Thoroughly understand the brands, their strategic/relevant histories, and performance Appropriately interpret market research data.
• Analyze and extract pertinent findings/issues from all available marketing data.
• Ensure that all agency efforts and creative campaigns are in the best interest of building the brand; Lead creative and account teams in the development of breakthrough creative..
• Thoroughly understand the brand positioning and the long-term brand vision.
• Ensure all strategies, creative, and tactics developed support the brand positioning.
• Coordinate and prioritize activities among accounts.
• Set overall goals and timing.
• Train, develop, and appropriately delegate to account team.
• Encourage and provide growth and development to team members.
• Serve as key contact for senior most product managers
• Develop and manage staffing plan to ensure appropriate resource allocation and utilization.
• Conducts performance reviews on staff.
• Provides accurate and realistic forecasts for the group.
• Routinely monitors financial performance of accounts to maximize income generation.
• Oversee contract development and overall budget development and approval.
• Liaise with internal senior managers, scientific services, finance, etc. to ensure optimal client satisfaction, business development, and income potential.
AREA OF STUDY
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
AREA OF EXPERIENCE
Relevant Industry Experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly and accurately
Emphasizes the broader, longer term vision and values as a means of guiding decisions and actions
Ability to establish an effective demeanor and communication to influence one's point of view
Already a member? Sign In