Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics
Tacoma, WA, USA | Sound Physicians
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:61 people have viewed this job
Sound Physicians is a physician-founded and led organization providing services across the acute episode of care – through emergency medicine, critical care, hospital medicine, anesthesia, population health, telemedicine and physician advisory services. Our clinicians and business colleagues are committed to improving outcomes for patients and hospitals through a proven performance management model. We strive to be the practice of choice for providers and the partner of choice for hospitals across the country.
The Manager of Business Intelligence and Analytics (Manager of BIA) reports to a Regional Director of Performance Management and is a key member of the Business Intelligence & Analytics team, informing future direction of business intelligence platforms to drive further efficiencies and automation, while also supporting service-line and regional leadership teams across the nation in the areas of data and analytics.
About the Role:
The Manager of BIA is knowledgeable of Sound’s business intelligence platforms, Sound’s Way of Management, the organization’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as service-line or region-specific projects and processes. The role conducts analyses to support leadership in the telling of compelling stories based on data, and also provides analytics to inform decisions and assess alternative solutions as needed.
This position is responsible for the acquisition and ongoing monitoring of data from hospital clients to ensure complete, timely and quality data as the foundation in monitoring of key financial, operational and clinical performance indicators that drive performance.
Manager of BIAs are recognized as a subject matter expert for Sound’s business intelligence solutions, educating and supporting teams in the interactive use of the platforms to enable self-service.
Daily work includes acquiring and analyzing data to support Sound’s service line and regional leadership's planning, management and decision making. This work also includes creating the business case to illustrate the impact of a decision or its alternatives on profitability, efficiency and patient care.
This position contributes to the success of the organization by ensuring a foundation of high quality data, self-initiating analyses that improves clinical performance and business operations, while balancing a multitude of complex work assignments.
The Manager of BIA fully understands and adheres to the standard, best practices established by the Business Intelligence & Analytics VP and Regional Directors of Performance Management.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze regional reporting, identifying concerning trends. Participate in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Collaborate with our performance management group and regional leadership team to collect data on a monthly basis to support driving improvements in clinical performance.
- Assist with implementation of additional service lines at partner sites, by implementing data acquisition processes and other data or analytics specific needs.
- Create comprehensive operational and financial models. This includes, but is not limited to, detailed impact assessments based on changes in market strategies, alternative pricing structures, expansion of clinician and support staffing, joint venture analysis, new clinical service line development and incentive compensation mechanisms.
- Collaborate with the assigned regional staff accountant, regional director of operations and finance team to ensure the accuracy and timely production of physician bonus payments and invoices.
- Review monthly financial reports, identify and understand variances, and participate in corrective action plans as it relates to clinical operations performance.
- Work in concert with regional leadership team and affiliated partners (Acute, Post Acute, third party payers, PCP networks etc.) to collect, validate, and refine performance data.
- Support the regional leadership and business development teams, by providing demonstrations of business intelligence platforms with specific use cases of value to the prospective partner, and applying data and analytics expertise to enhance the sales process.
- Interface with partner hospital administration as directed and when needed.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Data Management team on data acquisition and ongoing data quality.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of a combination of these competencies, personal attributes, knowledge, and experience:
- Business Acumen: Knows and applies knowledge of business, industry, and market to advance Sound's vision, mission, and goals.
- Communication: The ability to speak, write, and listen clearly, consistently, and succinctly.
- Critical Thinking: The ability to be proactive; anticipate needs; ability to make good decisions with incomplete, ambiguous information
- Strategic Mindset: Ability to develop, execute and rally your team around data-driven long-range plans.
- Relationship Management: The ability to create and nourish healthy, strong relationships among hospital partners, partners, and Sound team members at all levels (C-Suite, Sound, and Team)
- Builds Effective Team and Self: Builds strong individual and/or team identity by applying diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Entrepreneurial Spirit is a mindset. It’s an attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out improvements.It’s a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement.
- Emotional Quotient: The ability to identify and manage one’s own emotions, as well as the emotions of others, using this information to guide one’s thinking and actions.
- Learning Agility (Curiosity): Seeks out diverse experiences and apply lessons learned to new challenges.
- Self-Starter/Takes Initiative: Independently assesses situations, addresses conflicts and leads action without hesitation.
- Passion: Demonstrable enthusiasm for the healthcare industry and driving quality outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or technical field. Master of Science (MS), Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Health Administration (MHA) preferred
- Analytic, statistical skills, preferably in a healthcare environment. Demonstrated history of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent understanding of data structure
- Strong data quality assessment skills
- Experience with developing presentations for executive audiences
- Minimum: 2 years of experience in data and analytics/Preferred: 3+ years in an analytical role, preferably in healthcare
- Indoor office environment
- Light Travel (10% or less) required
- Sitting at desk for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
- Working on computer for up to eight hours (w/breaks)
To be considered for employment, where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must be two weeks post full COVID-19 vaccination by start date
Already a member? Sign In