Manager, Business Intelligence
Toronto, Canada | CPP Investment Board
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe.Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
Reporting to the Director, Business Intelligence (BI) – Management Insights & Analytics, the Manager will leverage data, technology, and partnership across both the Investment Departments and Core Services to support these teams in their decision-making process required for the execution of their responsibilities.Within the Finance, Analytics and Risk (FAR) department, the BI team delivers visual and dynamic advanced analytical solutions by providing an integrated and independent view of key investment and business metrics with self-serve monitoring reports.
As a Manager, you will be responsible to lead and assist in various projects that involve multiple stakeholders.
- Strong ability to lead the team in a fast pace environment and manage simultaneous projects through adherence to standard practices.
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders to plan, manage, and oversee data pipelines, dashboard integrations, and the infrastructure of databases.
- Leverage strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills to work with data providers and end users in assessing, transforming, and storing data for analytical and reporting requirements.
- Ability to identify existing and potential risks and propose recommendations for solutions.
- Proactively improving existing processes and adapting to changes to resolve issues.
- Work with the team and Project Manager(s) to create feasible timelines, identify project risks and actively resolve issues.
- A post-secondary degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 5-7+ years of data science, data management technology, ETL and experience working on complex projects is required.
- 5+ years of people management skills
- Experience managing and monitoring the end-to-end of data pipelines and projects, as well as developing and implementing technical solutions to meet business needs is required.
- Demonstrates broad financial market domain knowledge and construct insights from portfolio data.
- Experience setting up data infrastructures and streamlining data with Python and SQL is required.
- Extensive experience working with large data sets with Python and SQL is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with Cloud technology, Tableau, Jenkins, and Jira would be considered an asset.
- Innovative thinking, diverse perspectives, and a keen interest to learn.
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
All employees in the Toronto, New York, San Francisco, Mumbai, Sydney, Hong Kong, and Sao Paulo offices will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.
Already a member? Sign In