Manager, Corporate Strategy
Spring, TX, USA | HP Enterprise
Consulting - Strategy
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Come join HP, the founder of Silicon Valley. At HP, we believe in reinventing industries to drive innovation, growth, and world-changing impact.
We are looking for highly talented people to join the Corporate Strategy team. This group is part of the Strategy and Incubation (S&I) organization at HP, led by the Chief Strategy and Incubation Officer. S&I hosts key Corporate functions (Strategy, M&A, Planning, Incubations, and Ventures) and works on behalf of the company’s executive leadership team to guide the development of HP’s long-term vision into actionable strategy.
At HP, we imagine the future and make it happen. We solve big challenges while having fun. We take pride in living by the HP Way and have a strong commitment to our employees, communities, and the planet. We believe that more diverse thinking leads to unexpected, more thoughtful solutions.
Which makes it no surprise that we’ve grabbed a few notable Employer Awards along the way. Reinvent what’s possible in your career!
Opportunities in Corporate Strategy
We are seeking experienced and results-oriented individuals for exciting opportunities in Corporate Strategy. This team of strategy professionals is widely respected across HP and regarded as a seeding ground for HP’s future leaders.We work as a 'meritocracy' that appeals to and rewards high achievers.Your success paves the way for a rewarding career within Corporate Strategy or entry into one of HP’s businesses, as your network of contacts becomes the "who's-who" across HP's executive ranks.
The Corporate Strategy team helps identify and evaluate market segments, products, and business models that drive HP’s growth in current, emerging, and new opportunity areas. As part of this team, you will leverage your prior experience in management consulting/ corporate strategy to influence the strategic direction for HP. You will help drive business cases and strategic recommendations for our core and growth businesses and deliver data-driven, insightful recommendations to HP’s management team. You will have the opportunity to work closely with senior leaders on strategic issues in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Support priority pan-HP initiatives by planning, managing, and executing all project activities
- Analyze industry landscape for trends, competitive moves, and expansion opportunities
- Build and test hypotheses using analytical rigor, primary/ secondary research, and real-world experiments
- Work and lead in a team environment, both within Corporate Strategy and with key stakeholders across HP
- Apply structured problem solving and deliver data-driven, synthesized insights to support actionable strategy and recommendations
- Collaborate with and influence senior executives to build consensus and secure commitment for priority initiatives
- Build “executive ready” strategy deliverables for communication to various stakeholders (e.g., senior management, Board, investors)
- Advanced degree in business or demonstrable equivalent
- 1-2 years post-graduate experience, preferably in management consulting or corporate strategy and 5+ years’total work experience
- Experience with progressing an idea to a business case (market landscaping, trends analysis, financial modeling, scenario analysis) and ability to present crisp, concise recommendations
- Bonus points for Tech industry experience, familiarity with SaaS/managed services offerings, subscription-based business models, and solutions go-to-market (GTM) strategy
- Experience managing strategic projects or workstreams
- Self-starter with ability to handle ambiguous and unstructured situations; ambition-led with a growth mindset
- Team player with ability to deliver results cross-functionally within a large, matrixed, global organization where the majority of team members do not report directly to you
- Ability to build consensus and effectively influence senior-level stakeholders
- Hypothesis-driven, problem-solving orientation and ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Highly proficient in data analysis and financial modeling
- Skilled in conducting market research/analysis including through primary means (e.g., interview senior external KOLs, conduct market surveys, run focus groups)
- Excellent executive-level presentation and communication skills to simplify and clearly communicate complex concepts
- Solid project management skills
Where legally permitted, an offer of employment is conditional upon you providing proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC) as of your first day of employment.
HP is an equal opportunity employer.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Already a member? Sign In