Manager - Data Engineering - Enterprise Data
Reston, VA, USA | Fannie Mae
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nations housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Enterprise Data Manager role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
As a valued leader on the team, you will manage data infrastructure and pipelines to capture, integrate, organize, and centralize data while testing and maintaining to ensure data is readily accessible and in a usable state, including quality assurance.
• Manage customer needs and intended uses for requested data in the development of database requirements and planning of enterprise databases.
• Maintain comprehensive knowledge of database technologies, complex coding languages, and computer system skills.
• Review and integrate data into readily available formats while maintaining existing structures and govern their use according to business requirements.
• Manage the evaluation and integration of new data sources as they become available and monitor the performance, scalability, and security of data.
• Review the initial analysis and deliver the user interface (UI) to the customer to enable further analysis.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
• 6 years
• Bachelor degree or equivalent
Looking for a leader with the following 4 dimensions:
• Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
• Collective capabilities for leadership, including hiring, leading teams, giving feedback, facilitating meetings, and coaching and mentoring
• Work collaboratively with business stakeholders at various levels. Have the ability to articulate complex topics with ease and ability to work on multiple initiatives on strict deadlines and on budget.
• Have the ability to work with architecture, InfoSec and Cloud COE at various levels and have meaningful architecture and design discussions at very technical level.
• Also, have the ability to present at the leadership chain, program related updates, issues, risks and other program related updates
• Manage a team of developers, testers, analysts, devOps resources to deliver Data engineering applications to the cloud.
• The group of skills related to Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
• Experience monitoring and managing operation systems (OS), and staying current on patches, upgrades, and other elements of the Ability to transform business processes using BPA, RPA, or other technology-enabled automation
• Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion
• Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process OS
• Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objectives
• Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
• Ownership of application accounts. Responsible for password resets, approvals and infosec audits
• Overall ownership of the application including an audits, releases, code compliance, patching etc.
• Timesheet and other HR related responsibilities
• Skilled in AWS Compute such as EC2, Lambda, Beanstalk, or ECS
• Skilled in Informatica
• Skilled in MySQL Workbench
• Skilled in Alteryx for data analytics applications
• Experience using JIRA
• Skilled in Oracle Database
• Skilled in JSON
• Skilled in TOAD SQL database management tool
• Skilled in Power BI
• Skilled in Tableau
• Skilled in SQL
• Skilled in XML
• Skilled in using UNIX
• Skilled in Java
• Skilled in AWS Database products such as Neptune, RDS, Redshift, or Aurora
• Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and networking platforms
• Skilled in Excel
• Skilled in Oracle PL SQL
• Skilled in Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
• Skilled in AWS Analytics such as Athena, EMR, or Glue
• Skilled in AWS Management and Governance suite of products such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch, or Systems Manager
• Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
• Skilled in Jenkins
Already a member? Sign In