Manager, Deal Desk & Revenue Operations
New York, NY, USA | J2 Global
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:64 people have viewed this job
Everyday Health Consumer is creating a new position: Manager, Deal Desk & Revenue Operations. The Everyday Health brand and business is poised for tremendous growth in the rapidly evolving ‘health tech’ marketplace that, for our brand and mission, sits at the intersection of digital health publishing and medical technology. Critical to our business unit growth is the need for a centralized ‘command and control’ role as it pertains to the deals we do - primarily with advertising agencies, media buyers/sellers, medical centers and health organizations. This critical role is responsible for actively working with sales, finance, legal, client success management, integrated marketing, the brand studio and innovation lab The Well, and audience development and channel marketing, on deal modeling and commercial terms for standard and non-standard transactions.
Creating an effective deal desk can be especially useful to help the sales team move quickly and close customers that have unique circumstances “Deal Acceleration”. While the forum and format of the deal desk may change as our company continues to grow, the goal of deal desk is to agree upon a unique pricing deal and contract appropriate for the customer based on the summary presented through discussion with finance, sales, client success management, integrated marketing and other stakeholders relevant at our company.
Business Unit Collaboration
This role reports directly into the VP of Revenue Operations at Everyday Health Consumer and works across our key departments within the Everyday Health Consumer business unit including Executive leadership, Consumer/Sales Leadership, Sales & CSMs, Finance, Data, Marketing & Content Science including: Integrated Marketing - Pre-Sales & B2B Marketing, The Well Brand & Innovation Lab, Audience Marketing & Channel Marketing, Ad Operations & Programmatic, Product, Business Development, Patient Education/Prime Education
Roles & Responsibilities:
Deal Desk Lead
• Manage contracting process by collaborating with Sales, Client Success Management, Legal, and Finance teams to ensure adherence to company policies and program frameworks
• Drive deal acceleration
- Build and manage strategic SalesForce reporting and integrations that allow for better deal collaboration
- Identify gaps in time required to close
- Ensure milestones and timelines are maintained by stage and provide insights that inform forecasting and planning
• Control internal approvals related to pricing and IO terms and conditions
• Oversight and management of partnership agreements - contract terms, discounts, value add, MRG fulfillment, etc.
• Critical review of internal KPIs in comparison to industry standards and continuous improvement on key metrics and processes
Partner with key departments on sales forecasting and revenue modeling
• Inform rate card and pricing strategy for direct sold media by analyzing micro and macro inventory trends
• Generate insights and recommendations to improve deal profitability and monetization of direct sold media
• Questions that should be routinely asked of our business:
- Where are our products priced competitively and not competitively?
- How can I help my team plan for scaling our infrastructure?
- What types of customers and use cases are pushing pricing pressures?
- Are there unique market and product opportunities we haven’t noticed before?
• Own weekly revenue reporting and data visualizations for executive management team
• 3+ years of experience in deal desk, finance, contracts, sales operations, or revenue role
• BA required; MBA preferred
• Experience in digital media and technology platforms
• Creative and empathetic, excellent negotiation skills, and demonstrated ability to think critically
• Understanding of the sales process and the ability to navigate and progress long, complex sales cycles
• Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Adept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multitask
• Result driven and organized, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Expert Salesforce user
At Everyday Health Group, a division of Ziff Davis, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community.We believe in careers versus jobs and people versus employees.We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
Everyday Health offers competitive salaries in addition to robust health and wellness focused benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits; Flexible Spending accounts, 401(k) with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pregnancy and Parental leave, Family Planning Support via Maven,Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Fitness Reimbursement as well as employee-focused engagement and education programs, including Employee Resource Groups and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then Everyday Health is the place for you.
Everyday Health Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.
Already a member? Sign In