Manager - Facilities & Engineering
Palo Alto, CA, USA | Stanford Health Care hospital
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
The MGR-FACILITIES AND ENGINEERING is a leadership position responsible for all renovations, maintenance and staff for inpatient facilities on the main campus in Palo Alto (or comparable major facility(ies)).The Manager acts asa collaborative partner with department directors, managers and staff to ensure facilities provide a safe and supportive environment for patients, their families, visitors and staff.Facilitates and coordinates interdepartmental work efforts and facility related events that have operational impact. Develops, supports, communicates and helps enforce all environment of care, safety/engineering/facility standards.Manages capital and expense budgets; assures adherence to regulatory requirements; develops and tracks quality indicators; sets immediate and long term facility operational and financial goals and develops metrics to track performance. Responsible for communicating facility related news and updates to stakeholders.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification, and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities.Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility.Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
· Manages all aspects of the site including but not limited to day-to-day operations, coordination of Planning Design and Construction activities on site, fire/life safety compliance and correction of noted deficiencies.
· Overall responsibility for the condition and functionality of the facility.Develops and implements policies and practices consistent with safety and engineering standards.Responsible for compliance with applicable regulations, laws and codes.
· Supervises (through subordinate managers) Engineering & Maintenance (50+) team to assure that customers are responded to and property is maintained.Ensures thatengineering practices are developed and maintained for economical and efficient operation.
· Directly manges facility management staff (5+).Directly and/or indirectly manages Facility System Engineers.
· Develops and tracks long term financial and operational plans consistent with SHC/department strategy and goals.Develops and ensures adherence to appropriate metrics.Develop and oversee adherence to all budgets.
· Negotiates and implements contracts for services.
· Develops and monitors optimal plans for useof all facility systems and equipment.Develops long term plans for replacement and upgrades.
· Interfaces effectively with all levels of internal stakeholders, from C-suite to front line staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
· Engineering Degree, or other relevant degree
· Minimum of 10 years experience in related position, with increasing levels of responsibility
· CFM preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
· Demonstrated leadership and written communication skills including the abiltiy to make presentations for various audiences
· Significant experience interpreting drawings
· Experience leading large facility teams
· Superior written communication skills
Already a member? Sign In