Manager for Commercial Systems Experiences Product Management
Palo Alto, CA, USA | HP Enterprise
Job Description:103 people have viewed this job
At HP we imagine the future and make it happen.We love transforming customer insights and innovative new ideas into extraordinary products and experiences to lead in the market.We believe that each employee contributes to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers.
In the Commercial Experiences & Software Product Management Team we are continuously driving strategies for how to deliver meaningful innovations and solutions to enhance customer experiences across our commercial PC Portfolio.We spend countless hours diving intimately into understanding how our customers work and adapt to the new hybrid world, figuring out their requirements to be successful and evaluating future trends and evaluating new technologies.Our goal is to define and deliver the best experiences for our customers with our product solutions.
We are looking for an experienced leader to drive our Experiences Product Management Team within the Commercial portfolio.In this role you will be cultivating and leading a team that is accountable for intimately understanding customer insights and transforming those learnings to solve customer pain points create meaningful new experiences that have both short and long-term impacts on HP’s PC + Ecosystem product roadmaps.In addition to leading a team of high-performing product management professionals, you working closely with the rest of the Product Management leadership team across HP to build the best portfolio of hardware and software products for our commercial customers. You will be working and influencing across multiple cross-functional teams across the broader business, influencing and education our downstream marketing/sales partners and often forging new processes to deliver the best experiences on new innovation areas.
- Lead the team to understand and synthesize deep customer insights.
- Use customer insights to frame out future customer trends and roadmap focus areas; communicate them to our cross-functional stakeholders and teams
- Define and deliver a strong, industry-leading roadmap of meaningful experiences for our commercial customers
- Anticipate new technology trends, and the new experiences that they will enable
- Create strategies for how we will lead, grow and create value in our portfolio with these solutions and experiences
- Drive and cultivate innovation from within and outside our teams
- Coach and train new team members in understanding the experiences across the portfolio
- Collaborate with other product management teams across different businesses to create complete product solutions
- Work with engineering and design teams to prototype, pilot and curate new product experiences
- Lead the team to create effective content and processes for product positioning and messaging for regional partners, sales force and channel partners
- Work in partnership with downstream product management teams to ensure we have a strong story and strategy for Go-to-market and external launch messaging and positioning
- Consistently perform competitive analysis against top industry players to ensure our lineup is differentiated and competitive
- Prepare key executive and external product roadmap and strategy presentations
- Lead team to drive validation process including with customers, and execution of pilots, including program managing across all parties both internal and external partners.
- Work closely with product development teams throughout the concept phase to ensure smooth transition into roadmap and execution.
- Create the solutions narrative and value propositions for downstream teams
Knowledge and Skills:
- 10+ years in product marketing fundamentals.
- Strong experience leading talented product management teams
- Demonstrated track record of bringing successful products and solutions to market
- Demonstrated strategic leadership in product design or current product management.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional leaders and their teams.Mastery of working across organizational boundaries with demonstrated ability to influence and persuade outside of your organization
- Proven experience leading, driving and measuring virtual teams towards a common goal.
- Ability to communicate and lead with all levels of the company, including presenting to senior leadership
- Strong leadership capabilities with ability to bring diverse groups together to move an initiative forward
- Deep customer empathy and natural curiosity about customer use cases
- Data-driven decision approach to decision-making
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills to interact with peers, colleagues, management and cross-functional teams
- Strong business acumen – ability to drive a business strategy and model a solution’s financial opportunity and understand performance impacts
- Intuitive story-telling aptitude and narrative creation expertise
- Proactive, action-oriented and resourceful problem-solving attitude
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills – with experience also operating at a detailed level
- Broad knowledge of marketing and marketing program implementation; knowledge of product lifecycle, in-depth knowledge of the key marketing elements (products, pricing, place and promotion)
- Self-starter; ability to work independently
- Deep experience with the PC industry strongly desired; Software experience a plus
Where legally permitted, an offer of employment is conditional upon you providing proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC) as of your first day of employment.
HP offers a comprehensivepackage, including:
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
The estimated range of compensation for this job in CO at the time of this posting is $135,100- $160,000.This position may be eligible for incentive pay, for openings where this is applicable.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Already a member? Sign In