Manager Information Systems and Processes
Miami, FL, USA | Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
This position is responsible for managing the System Deployment Life Cycle (SDLC) of Cargo Management System (CMS) & other sales & operations IT systems, including but not limited to SkyPallet, FreightSnap, DigiDock, etc. Assist and provide input for requirement analysis, scoping, design and development with vendor. Coordinate and conduct User Acceptance Test (UAT) and user trainings; act as in-house liaison for deployment and feedback to vendor for maintenance and continuous improvement. Some of these initiatives would include Cargospot, e-AWB, e-booking, Cargo IMP & XML messaging, handheld scanning solutions, API interface projects & other systems. Position requires frequent communi
• Lead projects, monitor resources and progress to maximize CMS and supporting IT systems utilization and extend its full potential by streamlining, optimizing and automating the business processes.
• Liaise between technical and non-technical departments to ensure all targets and requirements are met and projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
• Communicate with relevant business units, including Sales, Customer Service, Flight Revenue Analysis, Accounting, Ground Operations, Global Capacity Management etc., to understand and design best business processes with the highest efficiency; identify further automation needs and areas for improvements for the systems.
• Work closely with vendors on customizations and enhancements needed for the system by providing accurate scoping and definitions, detailed and specific user requirements and constant communications with development team to clear blockage and ensure progress.
• Represent Polar and its business processes when dealing with IT (internal & external), to ensure that the implementation of system functionalities meets the business needs, while ensuring industry standards are met with less customization and thus higher time and cost efficiency.
• Manage and review initiatives related to system development standards, operating procedures, system access security and control, program change management, backup, and system maintenance.
• Facilitate and manage documentations on both existing and newly created policies and procedures using established Company standards.
• Provide end user support for CMS related enquiries. Coordinate with production support team to ensure timely resolution of any technical system issues.
• Direct the development of appropriate testing strategies and test plans to enable management to assess the operating effectiveness of the system.
• Work closely with management to prioritize new projects and related electronic readiness initiatives, and propose corresponding resources into the budget.
• Maintain version updates of the system.
• Manage CMS training credential system and update the training when the CMS system goes through significant updates and enhancement in functionality.
• Support Company processes with regards to financial, accounting & audit activities by providing required data and/ or documentation as needed.
• Coordinate with internal IT department on various matters of SDLC.
• Bachelor degree or above, in Business, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
• 5 years of experience in IT Project Management, experience in air cargo industry experience a plus.
• Experience in managing of CMS (Cargo Operations & Reservation System) would be a definite advantage.
• Experience with air cargo process and IATA standard cargo messaging is a big plus.
• Knowledge and understanding of technology to solve complex system issues and strong in system troubleshooting.
• Work experience of SQL programming languages (e.g. MS SQL, Stored Procedures, etc.).
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Strong project management skills & knowledge of tools such as MS Project etc.
• Demonstrate high level of attention to detail and high accuracy.
• Strong analytical skills and proactive in problem solving.
• Ability to maintain composure under pressure and function effectively under deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding organizational skills, with the ability to professionally represent the company to internal and external entities.
• Ability to handle multiple duties and priorities on a daily basis and keep up in a fast-paced work environment.
• After hours and weekend coverage is required.
• Ability to travel for approximately 10%-20%.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Already a member? Sign In