Manager, IT Risk & Controls
Foster City, CA, USA | Gilead Sciences
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
Manager, IT Risk & Controls position provides the required IT Risk & Controls program by sharing a point of view around ITGC controls design and audit support with expertise in a broad range of information security management topics.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate internal and external audits and ensure IT system owners are trained and aware of IT operating procedures and how these implement SOX control objectives.
- Report status of audits, open action items and remediation efforts. Provide auditing and controls expertise to IT to support implementation of controls in new IT systems.
- Support the general IT Risk & Controls objectives by participating in security, compliance and risk management activities.
- Assist in the efforts to scope and evaluate the design of Internal Controls over Financial reporting (ICFR) specific to IT systems in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) while supporting an efficient and effective process.
- Liaison with the Company’s external and internal audit to provide expertise and consultation for a smooth and effective audit.
- Assist in the assessment of the impact of audit findings, provide consultative support to system managers and support teams, and monitor remediation and action plans.
- Coordinate with 3rd party service providers as it relates to quality assessments of control execution, and the review of changes and assessments of SOX systems.
- Conduct training and awareness of Gilead’s IT system key controls framework of policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Work closely with business process owners, SOX PMO and Internal Audit on implementation, execution and compliance with IT system key controls.
- Participate in IT project risk assessment reviews to support development of new and/or modification of existing application.
- Support operational IT controls for new and emerging areas of risk
- Knowledge and understanding of auditing and controls and has experience working with IT operating procedures preferably in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Experience in information and IT services including knowledge of auditing principles, auditing standards and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Experience working with IT general computer controls.
- Knowledge of application access and configuration controls and reviews in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications environment (e.g., Oracle EBS) is strongly preferred.
- Project Management skills are required.
Problem Solving: Independently evaluates and develops approaches to complex problems. Thinks creatively and applies facilitation skills to achieve resolution.
Discretion / Latitude: Works under minimal direction and work products require minimal review.
Supervisory Relationships: Leads a centralized functional activity and is encouraged to effectively oversee temporary workers or consultants. Takes accountability for the achievement of business objectives. Applies project management principles to drive teams to achievement of agreed deadlines.
Specific Education and Experience Requirements:
Undergraduate degree in computer science, information systems management, finance or accounting. Certification highly desired (CISA, CISSP). Project management certification or relevant experience preferred.
- 4+ years of experience with functional and technical aspects of IT compliance and auditing principles
- Experience with assisting with the coordination of internal and external audits (e.g., SOX IT or quality system audits)
- Strong business and technology acumen; solid grasp of general IT computer and application controls, IT platforms and related services
- Skills/experience in planning, coordinating and implementing information technology policies, procedures and practices in regulated computing environments
- Knowledge and understanding of general computer controls, IT process management (i.e., ITIL) including incident, problem, change and release management
- Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details
- Ambitious, proactive, independent and responsive
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
Gilead and Kite Careers
Already a member? Sign In