Manager, Marketing Communications
Cleveland, OH, USA | STERIS plc
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Manager, Marketing Communications will serve as a key department resource to help educate, motivate and inspire engagement by Life Science Customers. This role will support the Life Sciences Marketing Communications department and will be primarily focused on customer-facing promotional and educational communications. You will work collaboratively with the Design Services team to create impactful communications when graphic design, video or production is required. Depending upon business needs, time could be dedicated to supporting additional external needs, including message development for various stakeholder groups, news media and technical audiences.
• Support the senior members of the Life Sciences Marketing team, with particular focus on drafting communications.
• Develop writing standards and voice for a variety of communication vehicles including email, social media,.
• Conduct research and interview subject matter experts to write engaging, smart, well thought-out and compelling content for customer communications, including marketing and technical pieces.
• Draft and/or edit communications for key internal stakeholders, business leadership and corporate partners.
• Plan and complete communications projects on behalf of product marketing teams and technical service teams.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Communication
• Bachelor's Degree plus 7+ years of experience in writing -- journalism, corporate communications, marketing communications or in a related public relations role.
• Excellent writing, editing and storytelling skills; ability to convert complex information into compelling content. Familiarity with Associated Press Style standards.
• Creative, but with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong work ethic with high standards and the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team.
• High energy and enthusiasm to pro-actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement and collaboration within the communications function.
• Must be a self-starter comfortable with challenging the status quo and proposing new ways of communicating effectively across businesses, audiences and geographies.
• Competence in project management; is a plus.
• Tech-savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other communication enabling platforms
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Already a member? Sign In