Manager Mechanical Engineer
Cambridge, MA, USA | Amazon
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:78 people have viewed this job
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated Mechanical Engineering Manager to lead a team of mechanical engineers from concept to production across a broad array of technologies and volumes. Must possess good communication skills, enjoy problem solving and collaborate closely across the company. This position reports directly to the Head of Mechanical Engineering.
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will be responsible for:
· Owning the delivery of Mechanical products to market on time, in budget and at the targeted performance
· Scoping, managing, and delivering multiple technical projects in parallel from concept to production
· Developing and reporting performance metrics for the mechanical engineering team to peers and executives
· Recruiting and developing great people; continually raises the bar
· Evaluating and identifying improvements to the overall design processes
· Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team, and partners
· Interfacing with engineering managers, product management, and/or program management to drive new product development programs from concept to production
· BS / MS Mechanical Engineering (or similar field)
· 10 + years of experience in mechanical design, 3+ years of management experience
· Familiar with industry standard CAD & FEA design tools, industry trends, and design for manufacturability.
· Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a design team
· Ability to manage a process driven development mentality while also balancing time to market
· Commitment to rigorous testing & validation practices
· Experience with the project management of technical projects a plus
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent written (white papers) and oral communication skills
· Robotics Experience
· Proven track record of developing products for large volume production
· Experience managing challenging assignments with aggressive schedules
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Already a member? Sign In