Manager of Business Strategy & Execution
Sunrise, FL, USA | American Express
Job Description:92 people have viewed this job
TLS provides travel (including air, hotel, car, tours, cruises) and lifestyle services (dining, ticketing, concierge) to American Express Platinum and Centurion Cardmembers’ globally.
Global Engineering and Operations is responsible for the central operations that enable the TLS business to function.
The Manager of Business Strategy & Execution will partner with the VP of Global Engineering & Operations (GEO) for Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) to run a global team of 500+ employees. This individual will be responsible for a broad range of activities including strategic, analytic and communications initiatives to help ensure the objectives of the global team are met. The incumbent will work closely and collaboratively with all members of the GEO leadership team to ensure alignment of priorities and flawless delivery of related projects. This person will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, communication, and organizational skills.
This role will serve as a thought leader in determining direction for business strategy, in collaboration with the leadership team. He or she will also have a proven record of excellence and be comfortable with operating independently and within a high performing team environment. In addition, this role will serve as chief of staff to the GEO Executive Office. As part of this critical responsibility, the incumbent will represent the GEO leadership team and work closely with a variety of cross-functional partners, such as HR, Finance on business planning and organization engagement to ensure team success. It is crucial that this individual is a strong relationship builder and works well with others.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with VP of Global Engineering & Operations to run global team of 500+ employees in 23 markets
- Synthesizing strategic priorities and developing impactful presentations for diverse audiences (e.g., employee Town Halls, Senior Executive meetings, partner events, external meetings etc.)
- Performing deep dive analyses for TLS on high priority topics
- Manage headcount tracking and reporting for the function, maintaining accurate records and ensuring approval processes are properly followed
- Lead/co-lead key projects that cut across various parts of the GEO organization
- Leading employee initiatives and recognition programs.
- Manage relationships with key partners (HR, Finance etc.).
- Serve as key linkage and interface for TLS GEO Team and direct reports to ensure critical business issues are raised and resolved in a timely manner.
- Responding to requests from key partners or other business units.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills. Strong project management skills and discipline to deliver.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, energetic, positive, resourceful, and proactive.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and execute across multiple initiatives independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship, and influence management skills that allow for close partnerships with many different constituents: internal, external, frontline counselors, and senior executives.
- Exercise excellent judgment to make smart decisions and independently problem solve, while escalating to a leader when appropriate.
- Ability to be a proactive thought leader and suggest ‘new ways of doing things.’
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Ability to simultaneously see “the forest” and “the trees”: act as strategic partner to GM while also independently managing critical detail-oriented projects.
- Strong aptitude in MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Minimum 2 years of Manager Business Planning / Strategy roles supporting large organizations is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering is preferred.
- Degree in Business / Finance is a plus
Already a member? Sign In