Manager, Operations Finance
San Jose, CA, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
This is a great opportunity for a confident, highly motivated, self-starter Finance Manager skillful in being a strategic business partner to drive success and results at the San Jose, CA BD Biosciences instrument business unit. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the creation, validation, analysis, and communication of financial and operational data relating to several components of the business’ operations: capital, inventory, and manufacturing variances. This is a critical, highly visible position that requires a blend of cost accounting and business acumen to be successful.
- Key financial business partner to the San Jose, CA Instruments Plant Manager. Also, requires close working relationships with the Instrument Operations Leadership Team
- Business partner with manufacturing sites including:
- Validating production volumes and analyzing leverage
- Ensuring that productivity factors are in-line with expectations
- Working with Operations and Strategic Sourcing to minimize material inflation
- Conducting reviews to ensure staffing and overhead structures are appropriate
- Validating that manufacturing variances to standard and start-up costs are accurate
- Ensure timely and accurate financial performance reporting / perform month end close activity
- Review annual physical inventory and/or cycle-count program to ensure accuracy
- Manage /support the annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and ASR for the BDB Instrument business unit. This includes manufacturing variance/absorption, spending, capital, inventory, revaluation, & E&O forecasting.
- Develop new analyses / financial models to drive management decisions and cost improvement
- Drive operational improvements, maintain and improve processes and controls
- Assist / support internal and external audit.
- Ad hoc support or special projects
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Make decisions, sometimes difficult and/or unpopular, by carefully weighing pros and cons and acting in accordance with GAAP
- Ability to supervise a variety of complex tasks simultaneously. Ability plan ahead and anticipate.
- Ability to interface with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Adjust quickly to a fast paced, multi-priority environment.
- Build and develop a thorough knowledge of inventory accounting theory and practice.
- Proficiency in planning, analyzing, written and oral communications.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Highly knowledgeable in accounting software; manufacturing structure/product costs software and ability to create reports from complicated database systems
Ideal Candidate Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business with emphasis in accounting or finance required. MBA and/or CPA preferred. Any additional certifications (CMA, CME, etc.) nice to have.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in an Accounting/Finance role
- With two years of cost accounting experience, preferably in a plant manufacturing environment
- With two years of business partnership experience, supporting with business leaders
- 1-2 years of management experience preferred. This role will oversee a direct report.
- Proven experience owning and driving financial reporting & results, leader, with a proven work ethic and consistently exceeding results.
- Proven experience working with capital budgeting, including IRR / NPV principals and product costing methodologies, financial analysis, and cost accounting, finance principles, GAAP and internal controls.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong Financial systems and tools knowledge and utilization skills (HFM, SAP, BPC).
- Advanced proficiency in Excel as demonstrated by previous experience creating and manipulating complex spreadsheets (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macros, etc.) required.
- Previous ERP costing experience (SAP / JDE highly desirable) related to standard cost build-ups and work order variance analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use logic, reasoning, and critical thinking in identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with and challenge stakeholders to drive initiatives and deliver high impact solutions to meet business needs.
- Resilient and persistent when faced with obstacles.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks.
- Strong collaboration and demonstrated ability to establish relationships and build rapport with all stakeholders, and influence at all levels of management through informed discussions and presentations.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Already a member? Sign In