Manager, Social Media Marketing - App Store and Arcade
Santa Clara Valley, CA, USA | Apple
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
We are looking for a Social Media Lead to join our rapidly developing Services business to lead the social media marketing for App Store and the new Apple Arcade subscription service. The App Store is the world’s largest and most innovative software store, serving hundreds of millions of iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, iMessage and Mac customers. Apple Arcade is the first game subscription service for mobile, desktop and the living room, which will feature over 100 new and exclusive games, including original releases from renowned creators.
We are seeking a passionate storyteller, strategic thinker, and skilled communicator who has a consistent track record for managing and growing social channels. A deep understanding of social voice, tone, style and creative is important, as is an understanding of the App Store ecosystem.
Demonstrated ability to lead strategy and positioning for new app and game releases is important, as well as knowing how to connect with the different types of audiences, specially gaming, encouraging engagement and retention. Previous gaming experience is preferred, as is in-depth knowledge of apps, tech and popular culture, along with experience in entertainment, specific to social media.
You have a detailed understanding of publishing tools, analytics tools and social marketing technology as well as all native platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr and beyond). You have consistently demonstrated the ability to develop tactics and campaigns that drive the business, including audience growth, engagement, acquisition, reach, maintenance, churn mitigation and more.
Minimum 7 years of social media marketing campaign management, publishing, editorial, content creation and distribution required (brand or agency)
Established track record of building and managing high-performing teams
Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for social media
Detailed knowledge and expertise around all social platforms. Significant contacts at all major social media platforms
You are deeply passionate and knowledgeable about gaming, apps, developers, emerging technology and digital trends
Deep understanding of the mobile gaming ecosystem and what drives excitement across a broad range of gamer audiences
Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
Expert in developing social marketing strategies that are native to individual channels and demonstrate tangible ROI
Expert understanding of how brands should participate in social media in an authentic way
You are at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; understanding internet, social and meme culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it whilst maintaining brand safety
Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines
A passion for working in a fast-paced environment with high level of collaboration
Flexibility to work weekends and travel
You collect, analyze and use social data to affect change
- You will conceive, implement and measure social marketing campaigns on a daily basis, across all relevant channels.
- Demonstrated understanding of how apps and social trends intersect in the daily behavioral habits of App Store users, along with a strong passion for mobile and desktop apps
- Provide strategic leadership and positioning for gaming, based on consumer, product and category insights
- Develop tactics, plans, partnerships, tools and agencies that help achieve the business goals
- Manage relationships with external and internal agencies/design teams to brief and manage original content for distribution.
- Lead all communication with international marketing leads on priorities and best practices.
- Launch, grow and manage channels where relevant ensuring milestones are set and met.
- Execute social media publishing strategies ensuring that all posts are accurate, punctual, safe and on brand.
- Manage daily social communication, consumer listen and response, sentiment analysis and enquiries.
- Work on strategic partnership opportunities with Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook etc to deliver the business goals
- Report on campaigns and augment based on analysis to ensure the most effective approach.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In