Manager, Software Development & Engineering
Englewood, CO, USA | Comcast
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
Responsible for leading a team of Engineers in the planning, designing, testing, implementation and management of business intelligence, oracle database, and heterogeneous query fabric on premise and in the cloud. Manages projects from design to implementation, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
Looking for a manager to assist with the transition to a more flexible organization where project specific teams may be formed on an ad-hoc basis. The position would include direct responsibility for employees and projects, however project team may span teams/organizations. Candidates should have strong experience running a DevOps team and would be expected to help grow and sustain an internal DevOps culture encompassing end to end responsibility for development, deployment, production support, monitoring, and automation of their applications
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
-Oversees the planning, designing, implementation and management of business intelligence platforms, Oracle databases, and heterogeneous querying technologies.
-Provides guidance to the DEVOPS team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
-Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and applications. Organizes software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
-Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares period reports and/or proposals. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
-Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
-Provides leadership and direction to department personnel from lower-level managers to non-exempt employees.
-Manages cross-project communications.
-Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
-Responsible for hiring and developing good engineering talent.
-Responsible for employee performance management and annual reviews.
-Technical background in business intelligence platforms such as Tableau, Cognos, OBI a plus
-Technical background in oracle database management and presto a plus
-Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience