Managing Director, Services
Culver City, CA, USA | Apple
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
Apple is looking for a Services Managing Director (SMD) to help lead a growing Services Marcom team. The SMD is responsible for leading Marcom’s integration with the greater Services Marketing organization (Media, Growth, Ops, Synergy), and Services Lines of Business leaders (Apple Music, App Store, Arcade, Apple Pay, etc). The SMD will also be responsible for leading the Marcom Brand Management team, a key group connecting the Services Business and Marcom’s strategy, creative and production teams. The SMD works in partnership with Marcom’s other leaders - Group Creative Director, Group Strategy Director, and Production Director to develop a creative environment and culture that will deliver world class strategy, creative, and execution as optimally and efficiently as possible for Apple’s marketing communications. The SMD will be a champion for all marketing communications developed by the team across multiple channels, with measurement and performance as key drivers. The SMD will also be directing the planning and operations of the team, working cross- functionally within the Marcom Services team, with senior members of the Marcom Worldwide team (Cupertino), and the greater Services Marketing organization.
- Minimum of 15 to 20 years in Marketing Communications. Consumer Product and Creative/ Digital Design Agency background preferred.
- Strategic leader, able to develop a vision for the group and execute against it. Strong change agent within the business.
- Understands how to build and enhance an organizational structure and process for developing digitally focused creative communications.
- Experienced digital leader, able to develop compelling arguments to influence business leadership.
- Digital-first approach to Performance marketing and Program management to help lead teams across multiple Services categories and communication platforms.
- Partner closely with the Creative Director and Leadership to develop the global vision for the Marketing Services team.
- Design and deploy the process for developing Marketing Services creative work within the larger Apple organization, continuously searching for areas of process to be improved upon.
- Experienced leader, with the ability to mentor, train and guide high performance teams.
- Experience leading all aspects of the budgeting inclusive of planning, forecasting and tracking, by line of business.
- Drive a culture of accountability, awareness of marketing attribution and a return on spend.
- Support Apple and Marcom in becoming a more inclusive and diverse workplace by hiring, championing, and retaining key talent.
- We are seeking a hardworking individual who can lead and contribute in a team environment and wants to be part of a growing organization. This position requires a proactive, flexible individual with especially strong communication and leadership skills.
- Collaborates with Group Creative Director, Group Strategy Director to deliver full funnel communications across Owned, Earned and Paid channels.
- Leads all aspects of the development and execution of integrated marketing communications.
- Leads, structures and budgets teams to provide creative solutions across multiple marketing phases and platforms including, product launch, digital and affiliate advertising (both tentpole and evergreen campaigns), organic social marketing, email/CRM, growth, seasonal campaigns, and platform development.
- Manages budgets and the budgeting process with an understanding of evergreen planning, channel mix, ROI and post campaign analysis.
- Critical partner with key Business collaborators to ensure alignment on key initiatives and roadmap.
- Works to build trust, credibility and influence across Services Marketing and Business partners in a highly matrixed organization. You are highly collaborative, inventive, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred.
Already a member? Sign In