Market Access Associate Director Inflammation
Madrid, Spain | Gilead Sciences
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Consulting - Strategy
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position
The Market Access & Heor Senior Manager will be responsible for the development and communication of the value proposition (including pricing and reimbursement) for the Gilead product.
• Work with HQ to adapt core models commissioned by them
• Commission or create core models on the initiative of International, where none has been commissioned by global
• Work with HQ to identify the aim of any adaptation of a core model, ensure it will support our key strategic aims, select the appropriate HE agency to do the adaptation, and ensure timely adaptation and publication
• Liaise with market access, medical and marketing functions in HQ/local to ensure that HE work addresses key strategic issues and is carried out to appropriate standards to ensure appropriateness and quality of results for publication and use in the field
• Create/support HE models and tools to support the business such as budget impact models
• Identify health economic and Outcomes data to be collected in early stage (Phase II and III) clinical trials and work with development teams to ensure appropriate inclusion
• Identify health economic and Outcomes data to be collected in pre- and post-launch (Phase IIIb and IV) clinical trials and work with medical affairs to ensure appropriate inclusion
• Keep up to date with academic and national HTA developments in health economics, and ensure that any work carried out or commissioned by Gilead follows best practice to ensure publication and acceptance by HTA customers
• Report on HE activity to our international market access team
The role will provide the candidate with the opportunity to shape our HE activity and gain considerable experience in using HE in direct support of business objectives.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
•Support the strategy implementation for negotiating the terms of pricing and reimbursement of Gilead products in collaboration with the Business Units, GM and Regulatory Affairs in line with the guidelines of HQ.
•Develops local pricing proposals consistent with the global pricing strategy.
•Understands and utilizes medical and epidemiological information to prepare supportive documents to support negotiations with the various stakeholders in the reimbursement and pricing process.
•Collaborate with the working group for the preparation of multifunctional Dossier Price and Reimbursement on the basis of the agreed pricing strategy and the strategy of market access;
•Collaborate in the preparation of the dossier in support of the request Value added in the Gilead drugs regional formularies
•Develop projects in HTA to support the value of the product;
•Design and / or commission research to generate evidence to support the value of the product story including economic evaluations, outcome studies and epidemiology. Studies and projects that can arise from the request and / or collaboration with stakeholders clinical or non-clinical;
•Develop key messages value and support colleagues in the territory or stakeholders clinical and non-clinical in communicating these.
•Monitor the information available in the literature relating to economic, outcomes, HTA relevant to Gilead products and their competitors and innovative initiatives of Market Access
• Support valuable relationships with key pricing and reimbursement decision makers.
• May manage cross-functional teams or work groups.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Strategic thinker with ability to formulate and develop commercial strategy.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills in order to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines.
• Experience managing cross-functional teams or work groups
• Successfully develop external relationships leading to key account.
• Knowledge of National, Regional and Territorial pharmaceutical reimbursement and pricing issues, policies and trends.
• Recognized expertise in implementing a pharmaceutical communication plan including generating publications, organizing continuing medical education activities and advocacy development.
• 5+ years of experience and a degree in economics, finance or related scientific field. An MBA and/or a Master in Health Economics is a plus.
•Must possess ability to present/participate to Int.l working group.