Marketing Analytics & Insights Director
Raleigh, NC, USA | G&S Business Communications
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
The Director of Data Science & Analytics will lead a multidisciplinary data science and analytics pillar within the agency's Digital Center of Excellence that collaborates across agency departments to deliver actionable insights and a better understanding of audience tendencies, campaign performance, and competitive intelligence. The individual will be responsible for conducting quantitative and qualitative research and data analysis to turn data into business insights and action for our clients.
While this position is open to all candidates, G&S has a particular interest in the professional development of individuals from communities that are historically marginalized and currently underrepresented in our industry because of systemic bias or discrimination. Specifically, we encourage individuals of all genders (both cis and trans) from Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American/American Indian, Pacific Islander and LGBTQ communities to apply.
• Establish and lead the development of a data-driven culture, including marketing data exploration, integrations, governance, and processing within an agency structure.
• Uncover insights derived from competitive monitoring, client feedback, content mapping and audience research to deliver insights that are actionable & drive results.
• Gather insights and create automated reports across multiple data sources – this includes email, SMS, search, social, paid advertising, and other areas as needed.
• Scale analytics and reporting processes, and deliverables to maximize actionable insights across agency portfolio
• Optimize team’s data assets and toolsets to improve quality, comprehensiveness, and accessibility of the data
• Create predictive models based on a range of different data sources, and be able to explain any uncertainty associated with those predictions
• Certify all test design/measurement (hypothesis testing, A/B testing, design of experiment, sample size/power calculations
• Ability to coach and develop staff through daily feedback, increasing responsibilities and other professional development opportunities
• Build machine learning models and use applied statistics (supervised/unsupervised learning, lift modeling, linear/nonlinear programming) to support the business
• Work within an integrated team framework to plan and conduct research, social listening and analysis projects that support current strategies and initiatives
• Meet deadlines and ensure integrity and accuracy in all work
• 7-10 years of relevant and professional experience in marketing analytics and insights; working at an integrated agency a plus
• Confirmed experience influencing a business or marketing strategy through the application and/or management of sophisticated techniques and data driven solutions.
• Strong understanding of modern B2B marketing (e.g., demand generation, multi-channel attribution, channel mix optimization, spend management, etc.)
• Experience in data mining, quantitative analytics and experience in interpreting and presenting derived insights
• Expert knowledge in tools such as using Google Analytics 4, SQL Server, SSIS, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Power BI, Qlik, or other relevant software packages is preferred
• Experience with social listening leveraging boolean search techniques and analytics tools plus strong familiarity with media aggregators (SEMRush, Nexis, Factiva, Brandwatch, Netbase)
• Demonstrated experience designing reports in business intelligence platforms (Tableau, Domo, Looker, etc.)
• Experience with statistical analysis, data visualization, conducting trends research and/or distilling large amounts of information into usable insights
• Hands-on experience with digital analytics, testing and data management platforms
• Ability to draw well-integrated conclusions and tell a cohesive story through models, presentations, and dashboards
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with keen attention to detail in a deadline sensitive environment
• Analytical mindset, curiosity, and a passion for finding meaning behind data
Already a member? Sign In