Marketing Operations Manager
Columbia, MD, USA | Merkle
Operations / Production
Job Description:70 people have viewed this job
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Director, Marketing Operations is a key leader on the Merkle Marketing Team; helping to shape Merkle’s MarTech strategy and ensuring marketing operations are optimally serving the needs of a high growth organization.
We aren’t your everyday “agency” marketing team, we are a group of growth-minded, entrepreneurial in spirit, lead gen experts and we need a tech and operations expert to take us to the next level. Our ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, is solutions-oriented, can communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely, has a deep understanding of the MarTech landscape, and has a history of nurturing and growing a team. This role is not just a manager of an operations team but sees developing the career and skillsets of their direct reports as an essential part of their own success. This person loves efficiency, enjoys making technologies work together, understands the needs of a growth-minded marketing and sales organization, and takes pride in optimizing a well-run growth engine.
This role will partner cross-functionally across Merkle, including with the marketing team, solution leadership, acquisitions, Merkle’s parent company, vendors, and sales. Major job duties include:
· Provide vision for Merkle Marketing’s MarTech stack and develop, manage, and execute the roadmap that will get us there
· Lead a team of operations oriented direct reports including, marketing automation and lead management
· Manage the day to day operations, integrations, processes and triggers around Merkle’s current MarTech stack, including Salesforce and Pardot
· Optimize Merkle’s Marketing view of Salesforce, ensuring dashboards, reporting, triggers etc. are all meeting the needs of marketing and sales stakeholders
· Drive data governance strategy.Monitor and optimize data flow by working with cross-functional groups as it relates to integration and support of any data flow, specifically with marketing, sales and client teams. Ensure compliance with evolving global privacy regulations.Part of Salesforce Governance team.
· Act as key point of contact for Marketing within the business as it relates to technology
· Analyze and optimize lead management processes in coordination with Marketing and Growth leadership – applying rigor to lead scoring and process improvement as we add leads and nurture them through the cycle. Continuously optimize lead scoring program to drive sales and marketing alignment
· Lead operations and technology migration plans for any newly acquired companies including migrating contact and lead data into Merkle’s database, designing and replacing acquisition forms, managing flow of data between systems through the integration process
Extremely detail-oriented – from quality of data entry to consistency in reporting
Resourceful and flexible in order to adapt to changing needs and balance multiple priorities
Excellent project management skills, ability to multi-task and execute tasks within a deadline-oriented environment
Self-motivated, proactive, and collaborative team player
Solid communication skills, written and verbal
Proven track record of facilitating growth in a high-growth environment
Minimum of seven years of relevant experience with background in marketing principles, database management, project management
At least three years’ experience leading and growing a team of direct reports
Experience developing implementation roadmaps and processes within a complex organization
Salesforce admin experience (certification a bonus)
Marketing automation experience (Marketo, Pardot or similar systems)
Experience in B2B marketing and operational benchmarking and metrics including waterfall metrics, conversion rates, database growth, lead aging/scoring, marketing automation, etc.
Adobe Marketing Cloud experience preferred
Familiarity with global privacy regulations like CCPA and GDPR
Already a member? Sign In