Media Director, Brand Marketing
Palo Alto, CA, USA | Mercari
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Mercari is Your Marketplace. We make it super easy to sell (or buy) almost anything. We all have things we don’t use, never used or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives you the power to sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for it, simply and intuitively. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling as easy as buying. And with 50M+ downloads in the U.S. and 350k+ new listings every day, we're just getting started.
As the Brand Media Director, you set the brand media strategy and own media execution to build awareness and growth of Mercari in the U.S. You will collaborate with the Product Marketing, Brand, Creative, Social, PR, Research and Growth teams as well as external partners to develop a holistic approach to brand building across all media touchpoints. With a combination of data driven decision-making, obsession over the latest in media/ad-tech trends and a talent for ideation and storytelling, you will lead brand building initiatives that connect optimal investments alongside innovative big brand moments.
You’re a team player who possesses the ability to flex creative and strategic sensibilities while thriving in fast-paced and at times ambiguous environments.
What you’ll be doing:
• Own the U.S. brand media strategy from plan to execution with a holistic media perspective to reach brand business goals.
• Manage media agency partners and collaborate with (and inspire) internal teams including performance marketing, creative, social, PR and others to launch effective brand building initiatives.
• Set reporting and measurement agenda in partnership with cross-functional teams and external vendors.
• Manage media budget and resource requirements, including vendor negotiations and agreements.
• Present results and build business cases of brand media impact for senior stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
• Minimum 15+ years of relevant marketing experience at a fast growing tech marketplace and/or ecommerce platform.
• Deep media landscape understanding across online and offline channels with knowledge of both Brand and Performance media strategies down the customer funnel.
• High level of strategic and integrating thinking across paid, earned and owned channels.
• Experience measuring, tracking, and reporting brand media performance.
• Agency and/or client-side experience managing agency partners.
• Strong communications and presentation skills.
• Experience building new programs and processes where none have existed before.
• Excellent project management experience and organizational skills.
• Experience in global media strategy and execution, a plus.
Small enough to make an impact, but established enough to provide the stability you need to be successful, Mercari is the best of both worlds. At Mercari you are encouraged to take risks. And when you do, you can do it confidently, knowing you have a team and a company that supports you.
As we grow, your career opportunities with Mercari grow. As our teams expand, your responsibilities expand. Our teams are supported with access to new tools, technologies, and learning opportunities.We will never stop growing.
• Flexibility: Work remote from anywhere in the US and receive flexible time off
• Wellbeing: Top-notch insurance plans, best-in-class new parent offerings and access to mind and body wellness apps
• Growth: As we grow, your career opportunities grow, we provide access to new tools, technologies and learning opportunities
• Comprehensive and total rewards: We provide a strong financial foundation and rewards that go beyond the paycheck
• Teamwork: We are each other's biggest fans- we celebrate from virtual coffee breaks to recognition programs
Already a member? Sign In