Medical Director Complex Care
Nashville, TN, USA | Wellpath
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:66 people have viewed this job
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
About this role
The Medical Director Complex Care (MDCC) is responsible for enhancing the quality of patient care management and promoting cost effectiveness throughout the care continuum. This position has the responsibility to provide effective and collaborative support and clinical leadership of the development, implementation, and operations of the program to improve care coordination, health outcomes, and total cost of care for the most complex, high-acuity patients within the correctional healthcare setting.
What you bring to the table
• Medical doctorate (MD or DO) from an accredited university.
• Proven working experience in correctional medicine
• Excellent knowledge of case management principles
• Previous experience with psychological aspects of care
• Licensed in the state of employment.
• Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and applicable certifications.
What you will do
• MDCC will lead CC Team in managing patients with complex care health needs and healthcare coordination that directly impact the quadruple Aim: Quality, Patient Experience, Provider Experience and Total Cost of Care.
• This leadership position will manage a team consisting of a mental health expert, social health expert and nursing coordinator.
• A daily work product will manage at least the 5% of the most complex care patients as based on criteria including medical complexity, mental health disease, social determinants of health and medical intensity needs.
• Measures of success will consider both lead and lag indicators as defined for similar population of patients in the non-correctional healthcare.
• Responsible for clinical leadership in the development and operations of the Complex Care model, policies, procedures and workflows
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Our investment in you
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
• Time off & leave benefits
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Parental benefits
Already a member? Sign In