Medical Director, Psychiatric Emergency Services
Portland, OR, USA | Oregon Health & Science University Hospital
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
he Psychiatric Emergency Service (PES) Medical Director holds a critical leadership position within the Department of Psychiatry at OHSU and at Unity Center for Behavioral Health working closely with Administration, Medical Staff, and all other clinical and administrative support staff. This position is responsible for the overall activities of the PES Unit at Unity Center by providing direct Psychiatric services including assessment and treatment, as well as providing leadership, recruitment, performance evaluation and supervision of other physicians in the PES program, consultation to external providers and support to the administrative process.
This position will provide leadership to Psychiatric Emergency Service providers in the Unity Center for Behavioral Health as well as provide clinical services by performing emergency psychiatric evaluations, care and assessment documentation for all clients who present for services. The Medical Director will be responsible for providing leadership in administrative matters, clinical program development, quality management, utilization management, staff education and leadership development.
• MD or DO with specialization in Psychiatry
• Board certification in Psychiatry
• Minimum of 8 years practicing as a psychiatrist
• Minimum of 3 years of successful leadership and people management experience
• Working knowledge of evidence-based treatment and best practice guidelines, case management, utilization management and peer review
• Experience in Psychiatric Emergency Services management
• Experience in supervision
• 10 years of clinical experience
Already a member? Sign In