Money Markets (Treasury Department)
New York, NY, USA | SMBC Group
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:94 people have viewed this job
SMBC Americas is looking for an Analyst / Associate-level candidate for the Money Markets Team within the Treasury Department of our New York Office.
- Manage and monitor/reconcile primary USD clearing account on a daily basis.
- Manage and monitor/reconcile non-USD positions.
- Set interest rates and quote them for loans and deposits to a wide range of banks and customers.
- Intra-day liquidity management.
- Reconcile/ update month-end reports
- Attend regulatory meetings
- 3-10 years of relevant experience in Money Markets / Treasury, including intra-day liquidity management.
- Interest rate and cross-currency swaps experience is a plus.
- Team leadership skills are a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree at a minimum, with an emphasis on Economics, Mathematics, Accounting and business concepts.
- Sharp analytical and mathematical background with meticulous attention to detail.
- The desire and ability to learn new concepts, keep up with regulations and change within the business.
- An interest in investment and global markets.
- Efficient time management and multi-tasks skills in order to prioritize transactions and daily tasks
- Proficient in MS Excel, with the ability to work with multiple applications.
SMBC Group is a top-tier global financial group. Headquartered in Tokyo and with a 400-year history, SMBC Group offers a diverse range of financial services, including banking, leasing, securities, credit cards, and consumer finance. The Group has more than 130 offices and 80,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (SMFG) is the holding company of SMBC Group, which is one of the three largest banking groups in Japan. SMFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: SMFG) stock exchanges.
In the Americas, SMBC Group has a presence in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. Backed by the capital strength of SMBC Group and the value of its relationships in Asia, the Group offers a range of commercial and investment banking services to its corporate, institutional, and municipal clients. It connects a diverse client base to local markets and the organization’s extensive global network. The Group’s operating companies in the Americas include Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. (SMBC), SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc., SMBC Capital Markets, Inc., SMBC Rail Services LLC, Manufacturers Bank, JRI America, Inc., SMBC Leasing and Finance, Inc., Banco Sumitomo Mitsui Brasileiro S.A., and Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Co., Ltd.
Already a member? Sign In