.Net Senior Developer, National Federal Tax
Dallas, TX, USA | Deloitte Consulting
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Consulting - IT
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
.Net. SQL. Agile. SCRUM. You’re a .Net front-end and SQL back-end programmer who enjoys hands-on development. You want to learn new technologies and new skills! You want to lead teams in an onshore/offshore model, be challenged, and realize growth opportunities! You want this role!
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Consultant on our team, you will assist with the design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new data-driven, web-based applications. Additionally, and you will:
• Provide support for existing systems.
• Work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web solutions for moderate to complex projects.
• Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development, and create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
• Review project requirements and assess and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
• Document new developments, procedures, or test plans as needed.
• Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development.
• Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools.
• Support system testing by following up on and closing defect tickets in a timely manner.
• Deploy all integration artifacts to testing and production environments.
• Supervise and mentor junior team members in U.S. and U.S.-India.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering was developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation—all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients.
The Partnership Solutions Group (PSG) is a service line of NFTS and one of the fastest-growing practice groups in all of Deloitte Tax. PSG professionals counsel privately-held and publicly-traded partnerships across the United States on a wide-range of federal tax issues involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings, post-offering compliance, and process design and improvement.
• 5+ years’ experience in .Net programming
• Experience in web design and development in Microsoft technologies (.Net 3.5 or higher)
• Experience with VP.Net, C#, Ajax, XML/XSLT/XPATH, ADO.NET, VB.NET, MVC, Angular.js, and Object-oriented programming
• Bachelor’s degree in business information systems, computer science, business/technology or similar degree
• Experience with SDLC methodologies
• Experience developing and maintaining software framework and services using the .Net framework and Microsoft technologies
• Experience with .Net Fundamentals (i.e., interfaces, inheritance)
• Experience developing ASP.Net web services, windows services, and WCF
• Knowledge of design patterns and architectural patterns
• Experience with Visual Studio 2010 or higher
• Experience with Source Control – TFS 2010
• Experience with SQL Server 2012 or higher
• Experience with database design, querying, stored procedures, views, joins, performance, etc.
• Experience working on Agile development methodology and SCRUM processes
• Able to travel up to 30%
• Working knowledge on QlikView, HTML5, jQuery, and Kendo
• Experience working in Financial Services environment
• Experience working in consulting environment
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and virtually
• Ability to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project
Alrdeady a member? Sign In