Network Engineer - Space/Satellite Systems
Dulles, VA, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:98 people have viewed this job
This position may be performed in any of the following locations; Dulles, VA; Chandler, AZ, Albuquerque, NM, Colorado Springs, CO, Houston, TX
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Design and plans network communications systems.
• Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
• Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
• Conduct testing of network design.
• Maintain System configuration control over SW/HW.
• Version/configurations (network/computing/applications, automated environment creation.
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Evaluate and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
• Writing program specific ground ICDs per program.
• System monitoring configuration/sustainment (Nagios).
• Utilize sound engineering practices to develop, implement, and maintain end-to-end ground systems.
• Manage the requirements, design, and implementation for networks and End-to-End systems to Support Mission Operations, existing ground systems and upgrades - technology refresh, and reliability / maintainability.
• Contribute to system PDR/CDR/FAT/SAT activities.
• Product Deliveries include: ICDs, Emulator/Simulator baseline control, test plans, network diagrams, integration/deployment work instructions, production and test system hardware (e.g. networks).
• Must work collaboratively in a team environment across engineering disciplines to accomplish mission goals.
• Coordinating end-to-end system testing during the I&T phase
• Segment end-to-end architecture design, requirements, management and development.
• Must excel in a fast-paced mission focused environment.
Network Engineer- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 3-14+ years of experience, 4 years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance (an active or current Top Secret/SSBI is highly preferred).
• Must have experience designing, developing, building, testing and maintaining network and computing infrastructure.
• Must have experience identifying systems anomalies and troubleshooting (network/custom applications/COTS software/server infrastructure).
• Must have knowledge of virtualization sustainment/maintenance.
• Must have hands-on experience with Networks to include technology such as: switches/routers/firewalls; RF appliances: modems, spectrum analyzers; computing infrastructure: Servers / workstations, Linux, MS.
• Experience supporting ground based systems and/or space/satellite systems
• Certifications: CompTIA Security + or equivalent
• Linux experience (user level)
• Networking (Cisco)
• Virtualization (vSphere ESXi)
• DoD Satcom Security Experience:
o Cybersecurity and IA/IS OpSec – 5205.02
o Risk Management Framework – 8510.01
Already a member? Sign In