Nuclear Energy Business Development
Round Rock, TX, USA | Ultra Electronics
Industry:Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Job Description:50 people have viewed this job
The Ultra Commercial function is responsible for negotiating the terms and conditions in contracts and ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions and agreeing on any changes or amendments that may arise in the management of contracts made with customers, vendors, partners or employees. This role performs an important oversight function to ensure adherence with internal procedures on bid management and approval, and acts as the conduit between the SBU sales and technical teams and other Group functions including Finance and Legal.
A professional at this grade applies technical / professional knowledge, making independent judgements based on practice and significant previous experience to support decision making. Often seen as a referral point or more senior team member to escalate more complex problems. Roles will act independently with minimal guidance, and may act as project managers/formal mentors for junior staff.
As the Nuclear Business Development Consultant, you will drive prospecting with nuclear energy markets. Ultra Energy has a broad range of capabilities for measuring temperature, pressure, radiation, and monitoring and controlling safety systems.One of our goals is to be a preferred supplier of specialized sensors, systems, and services for safety-critical applications to ensure our customers thrive in their safety-critical environments.
- Thoroughly understand the industry and target customers to qualify opportunities in alignment with Ultra Energy's strategy
- Effectively articulate sales vision and strategy to identify leads on new opportunities, manage prospects, and develop a robust sales pipeline
- Researching and seeking out new businesses and potential clients to grow our base
- Understand the client’s challenges and business needs and present relevant solutions Ultra Energy could provide.
- Seek and qualify prospective customers in accordance with the Sales strategy
- Develop and execute account strategies for new and existing customers to create a customized experience for customers
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Ultra Energy products and pricing structure to resolve inquiries and issues with customer accounts
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify value add opportunities to improve margins
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7+ years of experience or a Masters' degree with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in sales, marketing, or business development.
- 5+ years of experience selling products and services in nuclear energy markets.
- Ability to travel as needed to customer meetings and industry events (up to 60%)
- Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance.Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical discipline (STEM degree)
- Experience gathering, analyzing and synthesizing data
- Proven track record of developing new customer and market opportunities
- Industry knowledge in manufacturing nuclear and aerospace products and services
- Strong time management, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Disciplined, driven, self-motivated, innovative, and agile thinker
- Passionate about customer experience and success
- Ability to balance priorities and work productively in a fast-paced environment
Already a member? Sign In