Platform Technical Account Manager
Plano, TX, USA | Red Hat
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
The Red Hat Customer Success team is looking for an experienced, enterprise-level engineer to join us as a Platform Technical Account Manager in the Public Sector Organization. In this role, you will work closely with customers, gain an understanding of their IT infrastructure, internal processes, and business needs, and help identify relevant trends throughout the industry. As a Platform Technical Account Manager, you will provide a premium level of engagement that builds, maintains, and grows long-lasting customer loyalty by tailoring technical support to customer environments, facilitating collaboration with other vendors, and advocating on their behalf. The role will be located in the U.S. and successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
What you will do
- Develop relationships with key business and IT stakeholders and become an expert on customers’ implementations by understanding their top business goals and priorities
- Understand customers' technical infrastructure, hardware, processes, and products
- Deliver key portfolio updates and assist customers with solutions upgrades
- Inform customers of technology changes or potential disruptions to their service and advise them on mitigation strategies
- Perform initial or secondary investigations and respond to online and phone support requests
- Troubleshoot technical issues and guide issue escalation with Red Hat and customer teams
- Provide advice and guidance to customers about their current and future use of Red Hat’s offerings
- Perform technical reviews and share knowledge to proactively identify and prevent issues
- Manage customer cases and maintain clear and concise case and customer documentation; craft customer engagement plans
- Build a sense of trust with customers and serve as their advocate within Red Hat
- Engage with Red Hat Engineering teams to help develop solutions, based on customer engagements, as well as personal experience, that guide platform adoption
- Ensure a high level of customer experience with each qualified engagement
- Analyze and present periodic reviews of operational performance to customer leadership
- Establish and maintain parity with Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud strategy
- Deliver trainings and presentations to customers’ staff
- Travel, as necessary, to visit customers or internal events, following Red Hat’s COVID-19 guidelines; typically less than 25% travel
What you will bring
- Prior experience in a support, development, engineering, or quality assurance organization
- Excellent understanding of Linux and related technologies like, but not limited to, networking and storage
- Experience with IT automation platforms (e.g., Ansible) and their concepts
- Ability to handle multiple issues and projects, while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Ability to manage and grow existing enterprise customer relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to explain complex information to customers clearly and concisely
- Willingness to pursue certifications like Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Good collaboration skills; experience working with internal as well as external resources
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Efficient time management, as well as the ability to prioritize tasks according to their importance and urgency
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects with focus on detail, while not losing sight of the overall picture
- Ability to communicate effectively how Red Hat’s offerings align to customers’ needs and use-cases
- The following are beneficial but not required:
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related discipline, preferably computer science or engineering
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification
- Previous practical experience with Red Hat technologies like Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing and different cloud providers like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Platform (GCP), or IBM Cloud
- Active Top Secret U.S. Government Clearance
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Share on your newsfeed
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Read our complete Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
COVID-19 Community Standards
Being a Red Hatter means caring for one another and taking steps to protect our colleagues, customers, partners, and communities, even as personal risk tolerances and country regulations vary.
Red Hat continues to support vaccination against COVID-19 as one of the best steps we can take to contribute toward ending the pandemic and to keeping one another, our customers and partners, and our communities safe. Globally, our approach is to comply with vaccination or testing requirements in countries with them.
Read Our COVID-19 Community Standards
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Already a member? Sign In