Portfolio Manager, Global Plant Health
Philadelphia, PA, USA | FMC Corporation
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
FMC Corporation is a global agricultural sciences company dedicated to helping growers produce crops that serve as food, feed, fiber, and fuel for an expanding world population while adapting to a changing environment. FMC's innovative crop protection solutions – including biologicals, crop nutrition, digital and precision agriculture – enable growers, crop advisers and turf and pest management professionals to address their toughest challenges economically while protecting the environment. With approximately 6,400 employees at more than 100 sites worldwide, FMC is committed to discovering new crop protection active ingredients, product formulations and pioneering technologies that are consistently better for the planet.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of their strategic objectives. With a corporate culture centred on core values Integrity, Safety, Sustainability, Respect for People, Agility, and Customer Centricity, they foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything they do. They are looking for people to join them in creating, developing, and improving their products, their processes, and their markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC strongly supports diversity in its workforce and vision. The organization and its employees believe that diversity of all kinds - race, class, religion, gender, nationality, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, experience, perspective - makes FMC a stronger and sharper organization, better equipped to meet its ambitious goals.
Position Information – Global Plant Health Portfolio Manager
FMC seeks a dynamic, experienced, and results-oriented self-starter to join its Plant Health organization. FMC’s Plant Health Business is a relatively new business comprised of biologicals, crop nutrition, and seed treatment portfolios and is the highest growing business within FMC. The ideal candidate is one with proven experience in product concept & positioning, business case, and portfolio management within the agriculture industry, particularly with biologicals. This individual is a well-respected contributor who can bring accountability and ownership to each initiative and is a strong communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally throughout a matrixed international organization.
The Global Plant Health Portfolio Manager will report directly to the Director, Strategic Marketing & Business Development Plant Health. This is an in-person role, either located at the company headquarters in Philadelphia, United States or at the company’s European Innovation Center in Hørsholm, Denmark. FMC offers a flexible 3 days in-person / 2 days remote working schedule for both locations.
• Lead and support the development, coordination, and execution of marketing initiatives globally for the Plant Health portfolio with an emphasis on Biologicals, including growth initiatives, new market entry analysis, support on product lifecycle management, go-to-market, product launches & commercialization activities across the regions
• Support and ensure alignment of product business cases across regions to inform product development investments and product launches
• Partner with R&D, regional businesses teams, and global marketing to support the development of product concepts
• Work in close coordination with cross-functional teams comprised of global, regional, and functional stakeholders to support successful commercialization of each product.This includes support with cost information and with market intelligence & understanding
• Prepare and present materials to global and business teams across the organization on key marketing topics, and provide updates on critical pieces of work
Education and Certification/License Credentials
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus
• 5+ years of professional work experience in Agriculture Industry; 2+ years in Biologicals market ideal
• Experience in portfolio management, product management, and/or marketing
• Ability to work effectively in a heavily matrixed international organization and collaborate at all levels of the organization
• Ability to develop structure while navigating ambiguity to solve complex challenges
• Solid quantitative skills in business case development
• Takes measured and analytical approach to problem solving and pays attention to detail
• Approaches projects holistically, owning and driving end-to-end delivery of solutions
• Exceptional intrapersonal skills and ability to earn trust and build credibility across organization
• Strong project and process management skills, including proven ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Strong written and oral professional communication skills
Leadership and Management
• High-horsepower energy individual, capable of working independently under pressure with limited supervision
• Creates an atmosphere of openness and collaboration
• Passion for building and developing relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
• Mind-set for continuous improvement accompanied by critical thinking skills
• Thorough and detail-oriented; ability to handle a wide range of questions, activities, or issues varying in complexity across teams
• Collaborative, respectful style of communication, yet able to influence agenda
• Exceptional emotional intelligence skills to build, cultivate, and facilitate strong working relationships
• Has high ethical standards and possesses maturity to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Outstanding critical thinking, analytical and quantitative abilities
• Strong communication skill; comfortable with developing management presentations
• Ability to effectively interact with and earn trust of peers and management across the organization
• Self-starter with a keen sense of ownership and commitment to the work, and a passion to deliver results
• Multicultural: open minded and respectful of various points of view and beliefs
Already a member? Sign In