University of Alberta
Postdoctoral Position In Rheology
Edmonton, Canada | University of Alberta
Job Description:95 people have viewed this job
Lab of Profs. Weixing Chen and Xuehua Zhang
We plan to have a successful candidate pursue promising leads in the areas of rheology, in particular, rheological properties of feedstock in fabrication of fibers by using byproducts from oil industry. We invite applications for one postdoctoral fellow position to work on an interdisciplinary research program in Department of Chemical & Materials Engineering at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The positions are 1 year with the possibility for renewal.
1. To conduct high quality research under the guidance of senior researchers.
2. To develop relevant experimental methodology, data processing and interpretation and theoretic analysis of rheological properties of complex fluids, and co-supervise postgraduates and undergraduate research students.
3. To prepare presentations and reports for regular communications with other team members and the project sponsors.
4. To keep abreast of international research trends and oCompanyomes in relevant areas, and make significant contributions to the advancement of fundamental understanding and its applications to fiber formation.
5. To be familiar with all relevant laboratory safety codes and practices.
1. PhD or equivalent research experience in rheology of complex fluids, experimental fluid dynamics or chemical and materials engineering.
2. Highly developed skills in determining rheological properties of highly complex samples and experience in operation of rheometers under high temperature and controlled gas environment.
3. Demonstrated ability to undertake independent research evidenced by technical reports, publications, and development of new research initiatives.
4. Demonstrated initiative in research and problem solving.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a research team.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with students, staff and project sponsors, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
7. Self-starter and motivator with the mind-set of focusing on deliverables and getting the job done in time.
Already a member? Sign In