Silver Spring, MD, USA | Suntrust Robinson Humphrey
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to Accessibility or call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Identify, develop and maintain a portfolio of financially complex client relationships within the defined mass affluent market segment within the Truist footprint. Utilize objective and sound personal financial planning and financial advisory concepts to provide an integrated delivery of a broad range of retail products and services including banking, mortgage, planning, investments, and insurance services to the mass affluent clients.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Serve as the primary point of contact, integration and responsibility for mass affluent clients. Sell, deliver and provide ongoing service for a broad range of fee income and retail banking products and services appropriate to mass affluent clients. Premier Bankers should deliver a level of personalized, attentive service that clients deem outstanding.
- Establish and periodically update understanding of client financial needs and conditions based upon sound profiling and personal financial planning analysis. Proactively work with the financial advisor on assigned investment accounts for adherence to investment and asset allocation objectives and policies.
- Keep abreast of changing economic, legal, financial planning, investment trends and general market and business issues impacting mass affluent clients. Serve as a personal financial planning/advisory resource for clients, their attorneys and Certified Public Accountants (CPAs).
- Meet revenue growth, profitability and retention goals by developing new clients, expanding services, and marketing new products to existing clients. Successfully participate in the sales management process, which includes, but is not limited to, the delivery of excellent client service behaviors, support of the Truist segmentation models, full use of the automated sales process and support of referral processes and guidelines. Monitor, maintain and update sales activity, pipeline and other pertinent information using the bank's contact management system.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various Truist teammate product and service specialists (Integrated Relationship Management [IRM] partners) who are designated to support client service and development efforts (e.g. banking, mortgage, planning, investments, and insurance services). Ensure an integrated and seamless approach to developing, servicing and enhancing the client portfolio. Serve as an advocate for clients with the IRM partners. Provide mentoring to less experienced staff in support of establishing an extraordinarily high level of professionalism, client service and responsiveness.
- Establish and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships with external centers of influence who will enhance business development efforts.
- Work within existing audit, compliance and regulatory framework in order to ensure a high quality, compliant portfolio of client relationships.
- Participate in the ongoing implementation and development of the Premier Banking program, including processes, products, services and operating policies and procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in business, accounting, finance, banking or equivalent financial services experience and related training.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with clients dealing with banking, investments, financial planning, or lending.
- Advanced knowledge of a broad range of personal financial planning/advisory/insurance and investment management/asset allocation concepts and understanding of retail credit and traditional retail bank products for the mass affluent market.
- A minimum of Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), FINRA Series 7, 66 (63 and 65 in lieu of 66) and applicable Insurance licenses (Life, Health, and Variable) must be active and maintained, or must be obtained within 100-150 days of job entry date. Active FINRA licenses must be transferred within 30 days of job entry date. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant with 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration, and applicable NMLS acceptable background check.
- Strong interpersonal, sales and relationship management skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills including demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with mass affluent clients dealing with banking, investments, financial planning, or lending.
- Minimum of two years of retail lending experience.
- Completion of established management or career development program or banking school.
- Completion or enrollment in professional level certification programs such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Accredited Asset Management Specialist, Certified Trust and Financial Advisor, Chartered Life Underwriter or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Previous experience using financial planning software.
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Already a member? Sign In