President / CEO
Washington, DC, USA | Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Job Description:83 people have viewed this job
The President/CEO of Latino Victory is the chief executive in charge of the organization and the lead advocate for identifying and promoting Latino candidates for elected office throughout the nation. The most critical skill that the President possesses is the ability to raise significant funds to support both the organization and the candidates identified as requiring support.In addition, the President must be a skilled communicator as he/she will be a leading spokesperson for the organization and its work, representing Latino Victory in the media including network news shows, in public forums, as well as before potential donors.
Reporting to and working with the Board of Directors, the President must be able to set goals and agendas for the organization, develop and execute a fundraising plan, create communications and marketing plans, and manage the day-to-day operations. The President is also responsible for overseeing and developing staff, currently numbered at eight, and ensuring that all laws, rules and regulations are followed.
The President/CEO must be a skilled manager, an experienced political fundraiser as well as a consensus builder who is able to promote cooperation, collaboration and partnerships while advancing the core goals of the organization. S/he should have substantial experience working in a political environment which includes working as, for, or with elected and appointed officials and must demonstrate significant accomplishments and past successes. Again, fundraising is a critical element of the role, and the selected candidate must be able to identify potential sources of funds and executive a strategy to engage donors productively.
The successful candidate will be politically astute, a hands-on manager, a strategic thinker and planner as well as a problem solver who is able to respond to crises quickly and effectively. He or she must be an accomplished public speaker with sufficient gravitas to generate support for the organization and its work. An ability to promote an open, inclusive environment with the staff that emphasizes cooperation and teamwork with a minimum of ego is critical.
• Working with the Board, develop and execute a successful fundraising strategy to increase revenue and donations, including creating solicitation campaigns to build awareness and support for the organization
• Serve as primary representative of the organization to external stakeholders to create positive partnerships and outcomes
• Working with the Board, the President/CEO will set annual goals and objectives for Latino Victory and shall have primary responsibility to design and implement appropriate metrics for the organization’s activities to allow the Board to evaluate progress toward the achievement of these goals and objectives.
• Encourage and lead all communication efforts, both internal and external, to ensure that are perceived in a positive manner by all stakeholders, and that organization objectives are accomplished
• Recruit, hire, train and manage staff as well as conduct the annual performance and compensation review of all staff positions.
• Work with staff to program event content, and to organize, promote, and deliver events
• Leverage the statistical research used in advocacy and public relations to create quality media content
• Identify candidates for PAC support
• Ensure compliance with federal election and lobbying laws
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline; advanced degree a plus.
• Must be an excellent public speaker with experience presenting to large and diverse audiences
• Must be a dynamic, diplomatic, intelligent, humble, and highly skilled leader with the gravitas to “sell” the organization
• Superior writing and verbal communication skills
• Strong fundraising skills
• Solid experience working with and supporting a Board of Directors
• Strong organizational skills with proven ability to focus, prioritize and implement
• Some travel required
• Must be fluent in Spanish and English
Salary will be commensurate with experience. For more information about Latino Victory, please visit their website at www.latinovictory.us