Principal Applications Engineer
Redwood City, CA, USA | Oracle
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:94 people have viewed this job
As a Principal Applications Developer of software product development division in Fusion Customer Relationship Management, the candidate will get involved in defining, developing, debugging and validating software applications along with writing automated unit testing flows. The candidate is expected to have knowledge in DevOps and Agile methodologies with strong experience in Analytical and Programmatic skills.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will be involved in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Minimum 8 years of software engineering or related experience.
We are looking for great team players who are ready to work on the next generation of SAAS applications on Oracle Cloud. The candidate will be involved in core software development and interfaces in analytical and problem-solving skills along with great technical depth, create test plans and test cases covering complex flows in CRM application. The candidate will also be developing utilities & tools to explore new technologies in software development and contribute to increased performance and efficiency of the product.
Candidate should have an engineering background with BTech/MTech from a reputed college. Candidate should have 8-15 years of relevant work experience in the software industry.
1. Should have knowledge or developer experience in Agile methodologies
2. Strong programming skills and experience in developing software especially using core Java.
3. Work on cloud technologies Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins is an added advantage.
5. Work closely with the different engineering teams to analyze, debug and resolve any integration issues
6. Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review
7. Collaborates effectively with team members, different consumers to solve complex problems.
Strong in Java and programming fundamentals
1. Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
3. Understanding and Working knowledge in Oracle SQL.
4. Hands-on experience in using Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins is an added advantage.
5. Experience in any ETL tools, Spark, Kafka is an added advantage.
6. Experience working VMSs like Git.
7. Should have worked in Agile / DevOps methodologies
8. Should have the desire and ability to learn new products/technologies quickly as and when needed.
9. Solid understanding of Software Product development Lifecycle
10. Good Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
11. Ability to understand and work in complex software systems that include a lot of data transformation logic.
Job Skill in Detail :
Middleware: Weblogic or any other J2EE containers
Programming Languages: Java-J2EE, Junit or any Object-Oriented Language Experience
Database Technologies: Oracle SQL or any Relational DB experience
Build tools: Maven, Ant
Source Code Management: GIT
Operating System: Linux or any UNIX flavors
Webservices: REST, JSON, WSDL, SOAP
Cloud Technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
ETL: Spark or any ETL experience
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Already a member? Sign In