Principal Cloud Engineer, Remote Opportunity
Remote, CT, USA | Gartner Consulting
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:68 people have viewed this job
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to define and implement strategies for foundational services such as Identity and Access Management (including role-based access control, AWS IAM Policies, single sign-on/federated login, MFA) and enable easy consumption of these services by our internal teams. Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
You will be an expert contributor; responsible for developing Gartner’s capabilities in automating and streamlining IT infrastructure processes and DevOps tasks while improving Gartner’s self-service capabilities using public cloud platforms and open-source technologies. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on many technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified group strategy. All on the team provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value.
- ·Key focus on defining and implementing an IAM strategy (federated login, single sign-on, multi-factor auth, RBAC, ABAC, etc)
- ·Drive cloud native and designed for failure architectures across the enterprise and improve architecture, systems, processes, standards, and tools.
- ·Automation is in your DNA – not satisfied with performing repeatable work. Automate wherever you can, and ensure enterprise grade scale and security is built into your automation
- ·Self-Service – develop self-service capabilities so consumers can use the service without requiring manual action
- ·Lead architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
- ·Write and maintain clear, concise documentation, runbooks and operational standards including infrastructure diagrams
- ·Ensure all solutions are properly monitored and instrumented
- ·Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in development, test and production environments
- ·Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure
- ·Design and deploy scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant distributed systems
- ·Provide best practices for building secure and reliable applications on cloud platforms
- ·Review existing and proposed architectures with an eye towards cost optimization
- ·Continuously identify, adopt, & refine best practices
- ·Educate/mentor product teams and junior engineers
- ·MS or BS degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience
- ·7+ years of experience in Software and/or Infrastructure, with a desired 3+ years in a relevant cloud, automation, and orchestration.
- ·3+ years of IAM related experience
- ·Ability to translate business and security requirements into proper IAM policies.
- ·Build and liaise with key business stakeholders throughout the project to ensure a timely implementation and roll-out.
- ·Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- ·Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
- ·Experience with workflow, publishing, analytics, portal, mobile, big data, cloud and other leading-edge technologies
- ·Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- ·Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
Required Skills and Experience:
- ·Strong experience with structuring Role-Based Access Control policies, AWS IAM Policies
- ·Strong experience with configuring and managing federated login solutions
- ·Experience with Enterprise monitoring and logging solutions such as Dynatrace, NewRelic, Nagios/Icinga, ELK Stack, Splunk
- ·Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems support
- ·Strong code/scripting skills in Golang, Python, Ruby, Java, Perl, bash
- ·Experience working with complex network topologies and hardware
- ·Experience working in a cloud/IaaS environment – AWS, Azure
- ·Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack
- ·Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- ·Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
Already a member? Sign In