Principal Cyber System Engineer
San Antonio, TX, USA | Northrop Grumman
Job Description:50 people have viewed this job
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is actively recruiting Cyber System Engineering team members to support multiple Cyber Security programs at Joint Base San Antonio. You will be working with our experienced engineering team developing industry leading platforms to support Department of Defense cyber efforts.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual with an impeccable work ethic and a strong ability to work in a collaborative fast-moving dynamic team environment. You will perform technical, operational, and security risk analysis for new changes and technologies and articulate risks in a succinct manner. You must be able to quickly adapt new technologies to avoid limitations & obsolescence of both hardware and software. The successful candidate has a willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and get things done.
Cyber systems engineering and scientific personnel who possess in-depth knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques for cyber systems.
At the intermediate contributor level we are looking for hands-on systems engineers that can serve as proficient contributors in at least one of the below prioritized skill areas:
- DevSecOps Engineering: Develop programs and scripts in various languages including C, Perl, Python, PowerShell, etc.
Automate scheduled jobs to reduce labor intensive tasks. Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodology, understanding of development release cycle and operations, Source Control and Versioning tools (e.g. Git, GitLab, Bitbucket), Continuous Integration Frameworks (Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven), Application Containerization (Docker, CoreOS, Rocket), Automation Deployment Tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes). Integrate security deeply into the DevOps process, with a particular emphasis in security automation and isolation/containerization. Communicate with product development teams to increase system reliability/resiliency and decrease the time to field system updates. Bring an operationally focused mindset and support innovative strategies to push frequent system changes in a low risk tolerant environment.
- Virtual Engineering: Experience operating in virtualization environments such as VMware vCenter/ESXi using advanced virtual networking and/or software defined networking. Interest or experience in deploying high volume configurations in a VDI environment
- Network Engineering: Understanding and experience of all layers of OSI model with a particular emphasis on layers 1-4. Configuration and design of moderate scale networks with routing protocols, ability to packet capture and conduct detailed fault and usage analysis, ACL implementation, firewall networking, security patching, OS updates. Understanding of physical layer design tradeoffs and compatibility considerations. Vendor specific certifications demonstrating acquired knowledge is preferred.
- Linux Engineering: Working familiarity with different Linux varieties, e.g. RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, understanding of best practice security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, system administration, and configuration. Experience with LDAP and distributed system management tools is preferred
- Windows System Engineering: Working familiarity with different Windows versions, both server and desktop varieties.Understanding of best practice security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, system administration, and configuration. Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, and patch management is preferred
- Design & Engineering: Experience in a traditional engineering discipline, preferably with a degree from an accredited 4 year STEM program. Ability to look at problems and requests holistically, factor them against requirements, and create integrated solutions that meet and exceed desired results. Ability to identify opportunities for innovation and solve or guide solutions to the identified problems. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware andsoftware specifications.
- Change Management: Participate in large and cross-functional team meetings across the organization. Excellent coordination and organization skills. Ability to understand how existing and new systems can be integrated to improve business unit performance.
- Test & Evaluation: Experience performing and evaluating tests across multiple scopes and magnitudes including unit test, integration test, function test, operational test, and performance test. Understanding of comprehensive test methodologies applied rigorously in an agile environment is highly desired.
Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field and 5+ years of experience, or a Master's Degree in STEM field and 3 years experience, or a PhD in STEM field and 0 years experience.
Experience supporting DevOps/DevSecOps implementation in moderate to large programs, especially migrating legacy applications, re-engineering and automating systems to improve end-to-end software life cycle management by means ofautomation.
Technical expertise in DevSecOps techniques, continuous integration; continuous testing; and continuous deployment; trade studies and analysis of alternatives; development of end to end solution deployment across environments.
Experience in at least one of the following: DevSecOps Engineering, Virtual Engineering, Network Engineering, Linux Engineering, Windows System Engineering, Design & Engineering, Change Management, Test & Evaluation
Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance Level 3 Preferred Qualifications: Experience implementing DevSecOps for large program using Agile, preferably SAFe, development methodology.
Experience implementing DevSecOps for a Cloud-based system on a modernization program ensuring existing applications and systems are modernized to satisfy legacy functional requirements
Active certification in CISSP, CCNA, CASP, GCIH, or equivalent
Active Top Secret security clearance
Alrdeady a member? Sign In