Principal Data Engineer
Anywhere, OR, USA | Procore
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Procore’s Foundational Data Platform is looking for a Principal Data Engineer to build a data platform that enables product and business teams to move faster and achieve greater results. This role is a tremendous opportunity to shape the future of the data platform at Procore.
As a Principal Data Engineer, you’ll use your expert-level technical skills to craft innovative solutions while influencing and mentoring other senior technical leaders. To be successful in this role, you’re passionate about distributed systems, including caching, streaming, and indexing technologies on the cloud, with a strong bias for action and outcomes. If you’re an inspirational leader comfortable translating vague problems into pragmatic solutions that open up the boundaries of technical possibilities—we’d love to hear from you!
This position can be based in our Austin, TX, Carpinteria, CA, or New York City office or work remotely from a US location.We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
• Design and build the next generation data platform for the constructionIndustry
• Actively participate with our engineering team in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support
• Contribute to setting standards and development principles across multiple teams and the larger organization
• Stay connected with other architectural initiatives and craft a data platform architecture that supports and drives our overall platform
• Provide technical leadership to efforts around building a robust and scalable data pipeline to support billions of events
• Help identify and propose solutions for technical and organizational gaps in our data pipeline by running proof of concepts and experiments working with Data Platform Engineers on implementation
• Work alongside our Product, UX, and IT teams, leveraging your experience and expertise in the data space to influence our product roadmap, developing innovative solutions that add additional capabilities to our tools
What we’re looking for:
• BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
• 10+ years of experience building and operating cloud-based, highly available, and scalable online serving or streaming systems utilizing large, diverse data sets in production
• Expertise with diverse DB technologies like PostgreSQL, GraphDB, NoSQL DB, Snowflake, etc.
• Strength in the majority of commonly used data technologies and languages such as Python, Java or Scala, Kafka, Spark, Flink, Airflow, Splunk, Datadog, Kubernetes, Jenkins, or similar
• Expertise with all aspects of data systems, including ETL, aggregation strategy, performance optimization, and technology trade-off
• Understanding of data access patterns, streaming technology, data validation, data modeling, data performance, cost optimization
• Experience defining data engineering/architecture best practices at a department and organizational level and establishing standards for operational excellence and code and data quality at a multi-project level
Already a member? Sign In